Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
March of 2011 Faydor my female pitbull was stolen. She is the dog in my user picture.

She was home alone with my little brother and he let her outside to use the restroom. I returned home about an hour later to the news that my Dog had been stolen! He informed me that a lady had knocked on the door saying she witnessed a lady in a gold buick clip a leash to Faydor's collar and put her in the car. My little brother, dumb and phoneless, didn't get the witness' number or anything, and he wasn't able to call me. I was in shock. The next day I posted lost ads online, printed flyers, alerted all the local, and some nonlocal, vets and shelters, filed a police report, sending the sheriff, and his deputies, her picture, and even posted her status on her facebook account (yes, she has a Face Book) as lost and offering a reward. We even posted online asking for the lady who witnessed the theft to contact us, and she did.
She told us she didn't know what was happening at first and even pulled over to ask the lady if she needed help getting her dog in the car, because faydor was resisting. She said the lady had been very terse and rude, explaining that she had the situation under control. Once the theif had driven off, the witness said it dawned on her what had happened, but she didn't have a chance to get the plate number off the car.
For the next three or four months we remained constant in our searching and making sure her flyers and "lost info" was updated. Although I had support from my family, I started to believe I would never see her again. After the witness, we had no other callers with any info. It was like she had vanished. I began to imagine the worst, that she wasn't being taken care of, that she had been bred, or even that she was dead. We posted up information about her medical condition, hoping it would pursuade the theives to bring her back or atleast get them to take her to a vet, but no luck. (Faydor has a sinus drainage problem that causes her to vomit frequently without her medicine)
Then last night, 12-31-11 at like 12:15 my step father was out on a tow. He said he saw a truck pass him going the opposite direction. When the vehicle slowed at the stop sign, Faydor popped her head from over the bed of the truck. Immediately knowing it was her, he pulled a fast u-turn and flicked on his tow lights flagging the man down. After a reassuring glance at Fayddie, he informed the guy that she was ours. The guy had the nerve to deny it! My step dad called my mother, who was following in the vehicle behind him, to come up there and help him prove his case. By this time however the guy jumped back his truck and sped off. While in hot pursuit of the man and faydor, my parents called 9-1-1. The police arrived at the mans house and the show began. My mother went back to her office and printed off several of the dated photos we had of Faydor and returned to show them her proof. In addition, we had the sheriff reminded of our police report, and we even told them to have the vet pull her blood and compare it to the blood work of her previous records. The man's wife started to tell her husband queitly, that she knew it was the same dog as the one in our photos. At first, the officers told us we couldn't take the dog, that we'd have to take them to court over it. My step dad was like H*ll No! I aint leaving with out her! He said that those people could kill her, hide her some where, haul her off, or anything and there would be no garuntee they'd have her by the time it went to court. The wife also said that she knew they didn't have the money to fight it in court, and well we got Faydor back!
Luckily, she was in good condition and fat. Her toe nails were hideously long, but with that being her only issue, I was thankful, very thankful! I couldnt' think of a better way to start the New Year!

Faydor is Back! Oh if anyone wants to friend her on face book, Her name is Faydor Brown. Just put in a message you are from Gopitbull.com and have heard her story :) :clap:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I just got chills. So awesome. I can't imagine how good that felt to have her back

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
WOW , what a great ending to the year for you. Hope this new year brings you and your dog alot of happy memories together, time to make up for the lost time.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Happy freaking new year is right!!!! That's annazing story and so glad you have such a wonderful family to help you when you needed it. So happy for you!

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
That is great. And I would just like to say your step dad is awesome for getting out there and telling them hey that is our dog. Great story glad you got her back.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Aww thanx you guys! I have no clue why they'd want to take her. Our yard is close to a pretty busy rode, so i guess the lady just saw her a nd decided to take her. Some nerve! The people are still out there I guess. My step dad didnt press charges because they didn't take it to court.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Yeah very lucky but sadly it happens a lot. That's why I never leave gargamel outside without me. Too much risk in my area. Plus I wouldn't trust him with the squirrels. Thy would not have a chance. Lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts