Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a huge fireworks display here tomorrow night and wondering what is best ? None of my dogs have ever had fear during lightining storms or firecrackers going off , infact when the shooting went down last month outside crush tried to jump out the window to go after them. My concern is with the new dog , we have had him outside when kids have let off fireworks in the distance and he has jumped and been a bit uneasy out there with it. If he is scared of the bangs and such is it better to leave him alone in his crate during the fireworks or do you find it helps when you are with them and should I just bring him out there with us? { im sure some of you have dogs who fear thunder and fireworks, what works best for your dogs?} I havent had this issue with any of my others before they usually just sleep through it or come outside and hang out with everyone , they are usually more into the people then the fireworks.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Put in Top Gun and blast the surround sound. I used to house sit for 2 Malamutes that would lose hair in clumps during storms and the 4th of July. So I bought Top Gun and watched it at top volume. They can't hear the lightning or fireworks then and think the crazy human is watching the loud picture box again. LOL

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL good idea , I had cali out withme when we lit some off last night and she flipped although was right out there with us { she never cares when they go off down the street} so was just gonna leave them in tonight, I canput a movie on I dont think we have top gun but can find some loud guy movie im sure and turn the surround sound on. Thanks for the idea :)

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Hope it works for you too. :)
Some dogs can take it and some can't. Ecko has loved up on my friend while he was using a nail gun. No fear or bone head, either way noise doesn't bother him. LOL!
Enjoy your fire works. :)

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Lol @ topgun!! I guess its like giant bottle rockets.... *shrugs* lol

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Put in Top Gun and blast the surround sound. I used to house sit for 2 Malamutes that would lose hair in clumps during storms and the 4th of July. So I bought Top Gun and watched it at top volume. They can't hear the lightning or fireworks then and think the crazy human is watching the loud picture box again. LOL
hahaha that's awesome!! I hope it works out Angel, I usually just hang with Mel in the back room if there are too many things going on outside to distract him.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Y ames I would but we are the ones doing the nouse this year kinda want to watch lol. the others have been through it last year and were fine and crush has no fear he just barks. Cali was fine but didnt like being up close last night so she will do fine in the house im sure, just zeke seems spooked , Ill put his crate in the living room and put a movie on loud hopefully that will work. Just hoping the dogs dont go off continuously as kids come over lol.

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Angel, let us know how it goes when Maverick does the fly by!! lmao

U better go rent topgun if u don't have it! ;)

I'm just teasing bout topgun...but a movie with a bunch of fireworks is TRANSFORMERS 3!!! BOOM

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
hahaha yeah that is not gonna work lol too bad none of your kids were bad enough to have to stay home lol have fun with the fireworks!!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL it went ok , came in and zeke was asleep in the crate just fine but I left pep out and found her hugging crush and lunas crates in the other room she was a little upset about it but got over it fast lol. they are allspazzing out now cause we let them out lol never seen them soo happy to see us LOL .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts