Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there,
Im new to the forum and to Bullies! I just adopted a little blue girl whom i named Amaryllis Hope (aka: 'Turkey Pig'). first got her on oct. 13th 2012 she was 16lbs at about 4 months old. (she was starved and thrown out of the window of a truck someone got her and took her to the vet who named her hope, my neighbor runs a rescue and she has been with me ever since that day) The vet stated she should have been closer to 26lbs not 16. by Nov. 29th (a little over 5mo old now, i guess) she weighed in at 33lbs. she doubled in a month, but i am wondering if anyone knows if she will get much bigger? she is no longer growing and gaining the weight as she has been, but she was 10lbs underweight so im guessing thats why the rapid growth and now its normalizing i guess, but will this effect future growth since she was starved like that? ive already gotten her fixed, been working on getting her hair and skin better (yay vet shampoo and antibiotics). they thought it was mange but it tested ok, guess she was so malnurished a bacteria over ran her skin causing her to go bald almost 40% of her back end. Im happy to say but threre is no longer a bald spot on her! :) and she is no longer terrified of squeaky toys, but that was a hillarious first few weeks!

i have always loved and respected this breed and i was so lucky to finally be rescued by one!:angel:
if anyone has any advise or expierenced wisdom to share i would really appriciate it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you! i hope this group is able to help me to be the best pit mom possible! :)

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Everyone is very friendly here! Use the search bar and if you can't find your answers there post a thread and someon e will help:)
And pictures of your pup! We love pictures:)

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Typically you can double the weight of your pup at 3 months to see how big they MIGHT get. No guarantees of course. Pups usually grow up (in height) until 1 years old and grow out (body developed) until around 2.

Tons of wisdom on here, take a look at the stickies in each forum and welcome!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i read that somewhere on here but i guess i double her estimated size since she was so much underweight

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, im a fan of the floppy ears so i dont know anywhere to get that done and i think its better to get that done when they are still rfeally little , your pup seems to big to have that done now.... ENJOY THE FLOPS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My pup is 3 1/2 months old I want to have his ears cropped where is the best place to have it done View attachment 13500

Sent from my iPhone using Petguide.com Free App
please do not jump on someone else's thread. Start your own. It depends on your laws in your state or country. In my state its 3 months. Others have no age limit, you just need to find a reputable vet. Surgery is different than Laser so you might want to check out the Laser crop options.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i have been trying to put up pics but its not letting me for some reason.... cant upload them from my comp it goes to a page that says system error or the site is down... any advise as to ho to put some up? i have so many lol first time mom..lol i take pics of everything
i even have before and after pics of when i got her through now

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
There is a thread on how to upload to photo bucket a d post the IMG code in tie message body. They have an app as well you can use on your phone if you don't have a computer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here she is !!!!! Enjoy

heres my lil baby girl...thanks for the pic advice!!!

DAY ONE :( 16 lbs at 4 mo.

but the most beautiful face
i fell in love with her instantly although it was very difficult to look at her little body

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
but then she got bigger!!!!

now she is gorgeous!!!!!! those pics ^ were from oct 13th these are from thanks giving a little over a month later

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
little miss Amaryllis (aka Turkey Pig) (aka Ammy Whammy)

her randomeness!!! i love my lil baby girl!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are very very Lucky!!!! and everything you have done for that litter girl will come back to you in many different blessings!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are very very Lucky!!!! and everything you have done for that litter girl will come back to you in many different blessings!!!
those blessings are already here in the form of daily snuggles, laughs, and love!!!!

Reactions: redog
1 - 20 of 35 Posts