Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everybody i am new to dog ownership but has always wanted one so i got a pit for my family(mostly me lol) because regardless of reputation most of the people i have seen with one i saw they were good dogs. I have done alot of research and probably have learned more than some intermediate ownwers but would still like any advice you can give because i want my dog to turn out perfect because my girlfriend finds every little thing to complain about even though my dogs isn't that bad she has a insecurity problem and is jealous of how attached i am with her.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Welcome aboard! The most basic advice I can give you is to involve your girlfriend with your pup as much as possible. Take a walk together and let her hold the leash, involve her in teaching tricks, etc. And of course, make sure you take time for both the women in your life. ;)

When I was married, the husband and I both loved our Loki girl. I would train her and then let him pull her at the weight pulls. When we expanded and got got more dogs, he and I each had a dog of our own. It was kinda fun training together and then competing against each other. Lol!

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
I agree. Have your girlfriend be involved with walks and training and have her feed as well. We kinda had an issue with my boy not wanting to listen to my boyfriend in his younger years cause he wasn't as involved with training and was working a lot at that time. He'd get so mad, he'd give him a command and he'd look at me like mom do I have to. After having him take over feeding and doing walks and training with him they've built a strong bond and you'd never know he use to not listen to him at all ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She just not going to get it she has some personal issues going on. We have 4 kids in the house and we all interact with her and sometimes i even walk her next to their strollers. I need want her to be obedient as possible so that will be less for her to complain about.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Pups are A LOT of work, just like raising another kid. Training consistency and patience. Find a good group training class to join (not petsmart). Group obedience classes are great for training obviously, socializing, releasing energy, stimulating the mind, having fun, and bonding with your dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts