Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I have a 3 month old red nose pitbull (first time pitbull owner)

She requires a lot of attention. And she is not trained I have had her for 3 days now

She doesn't eat unless I'm the one handing her the food and she doesn't sleep unless she's on my lap and I wanted to know if that's normal as she is 3 months old

She has barked at family members when I have her on my lap and when I'm carrying her

I don't know if she thinks I'm her possession if she does please give tips on how to train her that I'm not her possession

And tips on simple tips .. thank you

·
Administrator
5,640 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Scarlett's mom.

Just because you asked, I will offer my opinion. You are setting yourself and the puppy up for a bad future. Seeing that you have only had her for three days you can nip it in the bud.
It is a dog; it doesn't need to be carried. It also doesn't need to sleep on your lap or eat only if you hand her the food. Do you know why she barks at family members when she is on your lap? It is because she owns you and is being defensive of you and doesn't want to share. You have created this unbalance by treating the dog as a human child. It is going to get worse and will result in very serious problems if you continue this behavior.

Don't carry the dog, let it maneuver around the house on its own. Let someone else feed the dog besides you and don't hand feed it. Put its food in a bowl, put the bowl on the floor and give it 15 minutes to eat. If it doesn't eat, pick up the bowl and put it back down at the next mealtime. A healthy dog will not starve itself. You have made the dog spoiled and it will get worse. Let the dog sleep on its bed or the floor. Again, it doesn't need you to sleep. Make sure the puppy gets plenty of physical and mental exercise such as walks and games to challenge its mind. In short, treat it like a dog and you will both be much happier and better balanced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum Scarlett's mom.

Just because you asked, I will offer my opinion. You are setting yourself and the puppy up for a bad future. Seeing that you have only had her for three days you can nip it in the bud.
It is a dog; it doesn't need to be carried. It also doesn't need to sleep on your lap or eat only if you hand her the food. Do you know why she barks at family members when she is on your lap? It is because she owns you and is being defensive of you and doesn't want to share. You have created this unbalance by treating the dog as a human child. It is going to get worse and will result in very serious problems if you continue this behavior.

Don't carry the dog, let it maneuver around the house on its own. Let someone else feed the dog besides you and don't hand feed it. Put its food in a bowl, put the bowl on the floor and give it 15 minutes to eat. If it doesn't eat, pick up the bowl and put it back down at the next mealtime. A healthy dog will not starve itself. You have made the dog spoiled and it will get worse. Let the dog sleep on its bed or the floor. Again, it doesn't need you to sleep. Make sure the puppy gets plenty of physical and mental exercise such as walks and games to challenge its mind. In short, treat it like a dog and you will both be much happier and better balanced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts