Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had Oli for almost a year and he seemed lonely so we got a female pup to be his lifelong wife. He is about 90 pounds at a little over 11 months. Both were purchased Iron man Pits. Oli was purchased from Iron man but was bred by southland joes. Anyway these are not my first pitbulls. I had Clyde (a pure blue nose for his whole life previous) and Oli was my second. Now we have Lola who is just a few months old and little feisty when it comes to toys. It seems when they are inside (where they live) as apposed to the fenced backyard she is more aggressive. She growls and snaps and actually bites Oli when he comes near her when she is with toy. Now I find it funny that a 90 pound male is turning the other cheek and walking away when a 30 pound pup snaps. But here is my problem folks... she is not being a good girl with toys. Oli is a big baby and spoiled rotten and I don't enjoy my big boy being bitten by my new baby girl.. Any tips on this new pup toy aggression? I know he could crush her and what scares me is the way he is so calm, really.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Hate to tell ya,but 90lbs is a mix,and there is no breed known as a blue nose pit bull.
It's just a color. Other then that,cool looking dogs.

Just take the toys away every time she acts out. NEVER leave them alone with the toys.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
take the toy away when she acts like that with a firm NO, and make her work for everything. DA is a common thing in this breed its most likely atthis age not DA persay with her but it can turn into that so be prepared. And adults will usually turn a cheek when pups act naughty or may just put her in her place a few times nicely but that can and will change when she gets older. Id be careful playing with them together when they act like that quite often toys and food are the leading causes of fights { reason i feed mine all seperate}. There are others on here that probably have some other ideas to add as to what to do for her as well. Beautiful dogs you have and welcome to the forum :)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Not a mix , iron man pits breeds american bullys , thats what he has.

·
English Dogge Yard
3,441 Posts
1. You don't have APBT', you have American Bullies. (or mixes)
2. These dogs have genetic DA, they are not going to "play nice"
3. They do not need "dog friends", have you done any research on the history of these dogs? (even bullies and mixes can be highly DA)
4. Crate and rotate.

You cant train genetics, if you go through a trainer that has experience in these breeds you could get to a point where it is manageable however putting full trust in these dogs with others is setting them up for failure and fighting. (this should be obvious)

Whats done is done with getting a second dog, you need to ensure you invest in break sticks (learn how to properly use them), use the crate and rotate technique (or rotate from inside/outside, etc) and be sure you do not make the mistake of leaving these dogs unattended. A fight can happen in a split second, a real fight (not just a scruff) isn't something to take lightly and in less than a minute serious damage to both dogs can happen or worse. Over prepared is prepared.

PK or someone else can chime in as well, didn't have much time to go into full details with everything.

Reactions: American_Pit13

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hate to tell ya but this was my first and last time posting on this site. Lol. Site mods. Get rid of your trolls and you might get something going. What a waste of my time...

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hi and Welcome! Beautiful dogs! I hope you stay and learn because what you have are actually bullies not an APBT. Do you have a pedigree on them? That is how we would tell for sure ;) Sounds like your girl may turn out to be the dominate one and she is staking her claim in the toys. What are your intentions with having a male and female? Are you breeding them? Alot of these bully breeds don't need friends so to speak. APBT were bred to fight so they can be naturally aggressive to other dogs whether raised together or not and most people have to crate and rotate. Now American Bullies were bred to be more layed back and less dog aggressive so they may or may not show that side but from the sounds of it, it sounds like you are going to have your hands full with the bitch. Sounds like she is taking charge and dominating your boy. I would try some puppy obedience classes and socialize her.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hate to tell ya but this was my first and last time posting on this site. Lol. Site mods. Get rid of your trolls and you might get something going. What a waste of my time...
Why are you giving up that easy and leaving? You came here to learn right and get advice?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
3. They do not need "dog friends", have you done any research on the history of these dogs? (even bullies and mixes can be highly DA)
4. Crate and rotate.

You cant train genetics, if you go through a trainer that has experience in these breeds you could get to a point where it is manageable however putting full trust in these dogs with others is setting them up for failure and fighting. (this should be obvious)

Whats done is done with getting a second dog, you need to ensure you invest in break sticks (learn how to properly use them), use the crate and rotate technique (or rotate from inside/outside, etc) and be sure you do not make the mistake of leaving these dogs unattended. A fight can happen in a split second, a real fight (not just a scruff) isn't something to take lightly and in less than a minute serious damage to both dogs can happen or worse. Over prepared is prepared.

PK or someone else can chime in as well, didn't have much time to go into full details with everything.
I really see no need to crate and rotate they arent fighting and its not an issue right now, the pup has some learning to do and if he corrects the behaviour he can correct some. if she becomes DA as she matures and they dont get along then he may have to look at that. I have had lil snarks frommy dogs who get along all day they play and occassionaly get torough where I have to break it up. Crating is great for this breed when you cant watch them. Crate and rotate is more for dogs who cant get along at all or are DA . I agree with you on being prepared though , never leave any dogs alone unattended and be prepared to break it up if it gets to that.

Reactions: davidfitness83

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Hope you dont leave over a couple people , gotta have thick skin with this breed right? not everyone on here gets along but there is a ton of info to work with if you need it and there are some great people here as well. brush off the snarky remarks and stay , really like your dogs would love to see more of them .

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hope you dont leave over a couple people , gotta have thick skin with this breed right? not everyone on here gets along but there is a ton of info to work with if you need it and there are some great people here as well. brush off the snarky remarks and stay , really like your dogs would love to see more of them .
:goodpost: I agree! Your dogs are gorgeous and I would love to see more pictures of them :)

·
+ Young buck human puppy
1,832 Posts
Females are always snotty little *beeps*, my girl was like this until my boy put her in place and told her where on the pecking order she stood.
I wouldn't worry if hes tollerating he doing this thats fine. Males tend to know let females be like this, if you see signs or him getting upset about it I would sugest crate and rotate

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
4. Crate and rotate.
:goodpost:

Sorry that you can not except the education you asked for. Just because they give you the information that you don't want to hear or believe does not make them trolls and believe me our site has something going thanx ;)

You are sure going to think its a waste of your time when your dogs tear holes into each other because you don't want to listen to those who are experiences with DA.

I disagree about waiting to crate a rotate. Wait for what a real fight to happen? Why see the signs of an issue and wait for the accident before protecting the animals people claim to love?

Be responsible research your breed ( American Bully as neither are APBT which I see by your post below you know this) and do what needs to be done to keep your animals from harm rather than be naive about the issues that CAN come. Its not worth the risk.

Sadly to many people wait until they have a dog fight to take preventative measures.

Reactions: Xiahko

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thx angelbaby and blue nose I'll try to stick around for a while. I don't take to condescending remarks all that well. I know I have bullies... Had I been able to find
"real" pitbulls I may have went that way but I wouldn't trade Oli for the world. I could have bought a new motorcycle for what i paid for these dogs. I love them. So don't go kickin my dog around. Yea I have the peds but how can we really know who fibbed considering the peds go back to England over a hundred years ago. My dogs are what they are.. Big huggy bears.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I was thinking the little one looked American Bully,but I am still new to that breed myself,so I just went with mix.

Sure hope that they stay,and learn. Cause a dog that aggressive at that young a age,is gonna be a handful as an adult.

Glad you decided to stay! We're really not all that bad! My little girl had toy aggression,I just took them away from her.
She can only have them when she is crated.

Does she have food aggression as well? Or just toy? Cause my dog became FA as well,so now instead of bowls I just feed them in their crates,and I just drop their chicken in there,so there is nothing for them to fight over,cause they can't see each other.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Oh a mod responds with more mean spirited garbage. Piss off I'm done. Garbage site... Too bad because I only wanted to share my dogs... Yes
I wanted to learn and share... I will take it elsewhere. Goodbye.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Thx angelbaby and blue nose I'll try to stick around for a while. I don't take to condescending remarks all that well. I know I have bullies... Had I been able to find
"real" pitbulls I may have went that way but I wouldn't trade Oli for the world. I could have bought a new motorcycle for what i paid for these dogs. I love them. So don't go kickin my dog around. Yea I have the peds but how can we really know who fibbed considering the peds go back to England over a hundred years ago. My dogs are what they are.. Big huggy bears.
I will put it to you like this ;) We all love and are very passionate about this breed and we only want what is best for our dogs as well as anyone else who shows up here. Some come off more hard than others but I'm a pretty neutral person and I would rather you get educated instead of being chased off because of condescending remarks as you say ;) There are ALOT of great well educated people here so I hope you choose to stay.....sounds like you may need us in the long run :D

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Oh a mod responds with more mean spirited garbage. Piss off I'm done. Garbage site... Too bad because I only wanted to share my dogs... Yes
I wanted to learn and share... A-holes IMO. I will take it elsewhere. Goodbye.
No one said you couldn't share your dogs and please show me were I was mean?

Just because you don't care about what someone says and don't want to learn about the issue with your dogs doesn't make us mean.

You asked a question and we told the truth. With your attitude I see you don't care about that you wanted to hear what you wanted and thats it. What a shame.

Since both of your replying post have called people names and dissing our site I would not be saying that others are being rude...........

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I dont think they need to be crated and rotated because a puppy is being snarky , if thats the case I should have all my dogs crate and roatating cause when they were puppys they growled and got snarky with eachother LOL. it is a puppy its normal behaviour you ever have a puppy snark or growl ? do you crate and rotate for life because of that behaviour? If the dog doesnt outgrow it or shows more signs of DA then yes crate and rotate. there doesnt have to be a full out fight to realize your dog is DA.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You people with exception to blue or angel do nothing for the breed. You push people away and make them think and KNOW you're . Get over yourselves and do something that makes progress. You really sound bitter. I'm so disappointed that I even came to this website. I just wanted to share pics and info about my dogs and maybe ask a few questions. I will gladly let anyone know that I learned nothing here and only received animosity.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts