Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive read tht flax seed oil will help promote nice muscle build along with a shiny coat? anybdy have any more input? thanks ahead of time

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I've been supplementing Flax Seed and Flax Seed Oil in my dogs food for years. It great for their coats and overall heath. It will not add or increase lean muscle mass. There is only two natural ways to add lean muscle mass. First and foremost it’s your dogs own genetics and second plain old fashion exercise.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you can gt flaxseed oil @ any vitamin store its probly no more then 6 bucks!
but when you say good old fashion exercise you mean like fetch...walks...swimming etc? bc i read another post tht said to much cardio can actually hinder the lean look and keep my 10month old skinny

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
but when you say good old fashion exercise you mean like fetch...walks...swimming etc? bc i read another post tht said to much cardio can actually hinder the lean look and keep my 10month old skinny
Those are perfect activity for a 10 month old pup. I not sure what you mean by too much cardio hindering a lean look. Most activities you'll do with your pup will be cardio.

·
www.wormeradicator.com
203 Posts
I get the omega gel caps at walmart its flax and salmon oil , I give a gel cap to each dog once a day in the morning, They like the taste and eat them right out of my hand

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I use it once a week, a tablespoon in their food on the weekends.
If you use too much it will make them fat! lol So go easy on it, but its great to bring out a sheen in their coat and brightens their eyes up.

You can get it at any grocery store.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
hmmm may have to try this magic u guys speak off :) haha i was doing salon iol for a little while. i liked it, but eh, too lazy to get another bottle. chyna already has a shiny coat, she looks like a damn wet seal lol...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I've been buying Flax Seeds at Trader Joe's and grinding them in a coffee grinder. I feed twice a day so I sprinkle one rounded tablespoon of ground flax seed in each feeding.
I buy ground flaxseed at kings market in orange county..its $1.99 for half pound. I use 1 tbs in the am

1 - 10 of 10 Posts