Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious what shampoo you guys use? I have been using Sergeants Skip Flea/Tick shampoo. It seems to be working fairly well, I have cats and fleas tend to be a problem with my boy. Do you guys use flea shampoo or do you have your own other ways? I also use a treatment once a month that goes almost all the way down his back, but that just makes the fleas stay around his ass, would it be a problem to put it all the way down his back and a little on his tail aslong as I watch to make sure he doesnt lick it off? Thanks. - Derrick

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
i used to use k9 advantix and it worked GREAT! never had a flea on her, but my vet said it may be a little harsh for a bay area dog since its not hot hot over hear, so he recoomended advantage multi (it is also for heartworm and all those) and that works pretty good too.. but i would try k9 advantix... goooddd stuff

·
Registered
520 Posts
EBay is the place to buy Frontline!!! Way Cheap. We now use Frontline and wash them with Head & Shoulder when they start to smell like Goats!

Head and shoulders is that better and using regular dog shampoo? If so what one do you use?

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
EBay is the place to buy Frontline!!! Way Cheap. We now use Frontline and wash them with Head & Shoulder when they start to smell like Goats!

Head and shoulders is that better and using regular dog shampoo? If so what one do you use?
It works GREAT!! We've been using on our dogs it for years. A breeder I know out in Riverside turned me on to it. It's much cheaper than most Dog Shampoos and it makes them smell great for a really long time. If you dog has flacky dry skin it also really helps with that. We just use the original standard one but they have a ton of different ones now and I'm sure they would work great. I'll have to look around but I had a link from a Vet talking about how great Head & Shoulders works on dogs. Plus if you run out of your regular shampoo you can use it!!!! Hahaha

·
Registered
520 Posts
It works GREAT!! A breeder I know out in Riverside turned me on to it. It's much cheaper than most Dog Shampoos and it makes them smell great for a really long time. We just use the original standard one but they have a ton of different ones now and I'm sure they would work great. I'll have to look around but I had a link from a Vet talking about how great Head & Shoulders works on dogs. Plus if you run out of your regular shampoo you can use it!!!! Hahaha
Living here in Nebraska the weather is cold and the air is dry in the winter and I have notice Karma is starting to get some dry flakes and itching alot so I'm going to give all the dogs a bath tomorrow and use it, and I don't care how much it cost its my boyfriends shampoo and he buys it so I'm not telling him im using it and I will see how long it take him to notice that I'm using it on the dogs.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Living here in Nebraska the weather is cold and the air is dry in the winter and I have notice Karma is starting to get some dry flakes and itching alot so I'm going to give all the dogs a bath tomorrow and use it, and I don't care how much it cost its my boyfriends shampoo and he buys it so I'm not telling him im using it and I will see how long it take him to notice that I'm using it on the dogs.
That's funny!!! Let me know how it works for you?

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I use a home-made recipe that I posted here and it works great for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts