Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i get some dip here in calif. i use to use hog mange dip and it worked great, but i cant find any around here do you have any suggestions as these criters are driving both me and my dog crazy.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts
i heard bayer tree and shrub works great on your yard and pets idk how to dose it for your pets though.

edit: 10-15cc down the back of the dog

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Fleas are a tough battle in CA. I am in Norcal. I don't use or recommend dipping any animal in a bath of poison. If your going to use poisons do so in a minimal amount. You need to treat your house and yard as well a give your dog a flea bath with flea and tick shampoo, make sure to remove all fleas and apply flea drops when the dog is dry. Once you have fleas they are really hard to fight off. A couple years ago I moved to a house that had flea issues and then brought home more fleas from a dog show and battled them for about 2 months. You have to keep up with the house and yard treatments to have any hope of being able to keep them off the dog.

·
Bull Headed
1,247 Posts

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Fleas are a tough battle in CA. I am in Norcal. I don't use or recommend dipping any animal in a bath of poison. If your going to use poisons do so in a minimal amount. You need to treat your house and yard as well a give your dog a flea bath with flea and tick shampoo, make sure to remove all fleas and apply flea drops when the dog is dry. Once you have fleas they are really hard to fight off. A couple years ago I moved to a house that had flea issues and then brought home more fleas from a dog show and battled them for about 2 months. You have to keep up with the house and yard treatments to have any hope of being able to keep them off the dog.
OMG I know what you mean Holly. It's been crazy this summer with fleas. Our poor kitty got them from his dirty momma going outside. We got the furniture spray, flea bath, drops, and the yard treatment and they're all gone now :woof: :woof:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.