Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this link off razenkane on EE it has some great recipes for home made fly spray and thought some of you not over there would like this link. I have always used skin so soft from avon since I had horses 20 years ago till today and swear by it { makes there coat nice and soft too :)} but I hadnt heard of all these recipes and may try some here. for the yard I find when we do the daily pick up we spary a water/vinegar mix where the poopwas { not alot just a little misting} it hasnt hurt our grass and we dont have bad flies like I see at some kennels we have visited. anyways here is the link for the recipes.
Fly Spray Recipes

Reactions: Indie

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
had someone tell me this endure rollon works wonders as well. They just apply to there ears every morning and it keeps the flies off them. havent tried this method but thought Id pass it on if anyone was looking for more options. If anyone has other products or tricks that work for them on there yards or dogs feel free to post. heres the link for the roll on http://www.cattlestore.com/p-971-farnam-endure-roll-on-fly-repellent.aspx

·
Registered
50 Posts
Permethrin and its safe for plants n animals.
Permethrin-10 Livestock & Premise Spray, 32 oz. - 2212611 | Tractor Supply Company

I know down South u can buy it in a stronger strength of 38% but u would use very little of the concentrate on the dogs. Make sure to do proper dilutions for animals. I spray stronger than recommended out doors. I have a pool, ponds, and arrigation ponds and it keeps all bugs at bay. If u soak the ground with water first it acts as a transport to kill larvae that lives n grows in the ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts