Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone? So Daisy will be a year old next year and id like to get some advice on what adult food to switch her to? im currently feeding Blue puppy food and shes been great on that. id like to get her to start eating something that is a little higher in protein Than the normal adult Blue food. any suggestions on what you guys use? I dont want to do raw because i dont have the time to do that right now. i might do in the future once i get on a normal work schedule, but for now i just want something i can scoop in a bowl.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
orijen , hands down the best food around, the only kibble I will feed my dogs although most arenow on raw. If its too pricey Acana would be th enext best thing same company but a bit cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
You can also go grain free, which is higher in protein and as close to raw without going raw. Blue Buffalo Wilderness if the grain free version of BB.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
:) orijen is grain free too...jus sayin lol ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
im pretty sure it is , we just used the 6 fish and red meat and puppy i know those are, not sure if there are more varietys that our stores dont carry though?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, yea ive read about orijen but i cant find it anywhere. I live in virginia beach and i just moved here so im going to have to look up some smaller pet stores and see if they carry. I saw at petsmart today that Blue buffalo has a "high protein" adult food that has more duck in it, has anyone tried this one? or do you guys know anything about this one? if i cant find orijen i might have to settle with BB wilderness.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Wilderness Salmon Formula is what we feed it's 100% grain free. Good Stuff and my dog's coats look fantastic. Orijen is great as well. I like EVO too. Never tried taste of the wild but the Prairie formula is the best from what I have heard and read about it.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Don't feed regular Blue Buffalo go with Wilderness which is made by the same company much MUCH better ingredients the best grain free food Wilderness makes is the Salmon formula it's rated a 6 star premium feed.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
you can look for acana as well , same company as orijen just a bit less protein and a little cheaper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts