Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my female blue nose pit has a rash that looked like demodex so I took her to have a skin scrape in which the vet found no mites what else could it be? she is 1 year old. thanks for any help

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she acts fine just has the rash. the vet said that he believes its a wood allergy from her dog house in the kennel. he did a blood test to find out for sure

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Could be an allergy to the grain in diamomd (not a great food)

Edit. I would swith from diamond and put her on something like merrick or taste of the wild or natural balance. All better foods than diamomd

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
309 Posts
Definitely get her on a grain free food and see if it helps.

My boy gets all red around his eyes and nose and smells bad when he eats grains.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Vets can do allergy testing also so you don't have to play the guessing game. My boy had a dog allergy to grains and chicken kibble. A grain free, chicks less flavored kibble has cleared him up. We cut out all treats until we saw improvements and figured it out. Although we think he has a flea allergy also.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I ordered some blue wilderness for her from tsc im waiting on the results from the vet on what it is exactly just trying to figure out something that might help in the meantime thanks for all the info. the only reason I feed her diamond is cause its what I feed all my other dogs this is the first time I have ever had this problem

·
Dirty Girl
927 Posts
If she has Cedar chips, switch them to Pine or Aspen. Some dogs can be allergic to the aromatic oil that coats the cedar chips.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts