Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just took in my daughter's 7 month old blue nose pit / German Shepard. He runs the house while I'm at work, spends after work in the yard with me. He's adjusted to my schedule and lost his chunky monkey physic. He's now sleek, good waist line, can't see his ribs but feel them. His coat is shiny. He does not gobble food and eats periodically throughout the day. She has him on gravy train Wich is not a food I prefer. What is the best for his breed

· Administrator
4,874 Posts
I say to feed the dog in front of you. You'll have to explore with trial and error to see what is best for your own dog. I've fed anywhere from Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul to raw. Every dog is an individual. You just have to find what's best for your dog. Current dog is eating Forza10 for tear stains. Previous two were prey model raw for one and I rotated Diamon Naturals and Taste of the Wild for the other.

· Registered
90 Posts
I say to feed the dog in front of you. You'll have to explore with trial and error to see what is best for your own dog. I've fed anywhere from Chicken Soup for the dog lovers soul to raw. Every dog is an individual. You just have to find what's best for your dog. Current dog is eating Forza10 for tear stains. Previous two were prey model raw for one and I rotated Diamon Naturals and Taste of the Wild for the other.
I agree 100% with this.
I didn't even know they still sold "Gravy Train."
I switch my foods up once in awhile. I am big on reading the ingredients, and search for the most natural foods with less fillers. You have to do what works for you and your budget. My two favorite foods right now are Merrick and Wellness/Wellness Core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.