Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible for dogs to get this? Reason I ask is we got a new case of chicken backs and legs the other day and yesterday after getting there 1st meal from it crush Puked , didnt think much about it figured he may have eaten to fast or something . But then again he puked today and has been drooling like crazy so not like him and just been shaking and canjust tell he isnt feeling well. I havent fed him since this morning , and he is only getting water for tonight will maybe try something else in the morning. But then tonight Luna puked as well , so thinking its something they all had which leads me to think this new batch of chicken? Any idea if this is possible and maybe treatment? He is holding water down so not worried about dehydration , but am I right to fast them for a day until there tummys settle? the rest of them who got chicken seem fine but then again Loki can eat patio furnature, shoes and tin cans and be fine lol.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hmmm, I would definitely fast them. I thought you only feed two of your dogs raw and not the whole pack?? So did they all get the chicken tonight and only the two vommited? I am going to PM you something.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no they all got chicken yesterday and today , 2 are on full raw but most usually get it in the morning or night and kibble at the other meal { we started feeding kibble only once a day to those getting it } but the 2 that are sick are the ones that only get raw. We kinda were wondering if its the chicken why the others arent sick too , figured loki was because of his iron stomache , and zeke and pep seem fine as well.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Not trying to freak you out but I have hear of ecoli and salmonella are possible in raw but again not first hand just of a board. I would think food poisoning would be realistic for them as well. Salmonella takes a few days as well so could be possible it's just bad. Poor pups hope they get better fast!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just talked with someone and they said the dogs dont get salmonella like people do that it doesnt happen over night with them it takes a few days atleast the bacteria has to back up. They also said that they can usually handle spoiled meat without it bother ing them unlike if we were to eat it.. so most likely isnt any form of food poisoning. Luna seems fine but crush is stillpretty bad, he hasnt puked again although we havent fed him tonight.he is holding water down but is drooling bad and keeps making this slurping sound . He is also shaking like he is cold and just isnt being himself. I let him out and he looked like he was trying to poop but wasnt so now im worried he may have a blockage or something. Of course all this happens when vets are closed like holidays , but if he isnt alot better tomorrow I think I may be making a vet run :(.. Really hoping this just magically clears up hate seeing my baby sick . He jumps when i went outside with him like he wants to play and he wants food keeps begging for turkey { yes we cooked a big turkey dinner tonight}. but then when he finally lays down he is back to shaking and looking down :( wont even follow me when i get up to go to the kitchen or anything . Oh well guess I will have an update of some sort tomorrow.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
How's Crush doing.....any better?

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Hopefully its just a stomach bug

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He bounced out of his crate this morning all spazzy , boyfriend just took him out. He jumped ont he bed and woke me up lol so seems ok today , we havent fed him yet so that will be the test to see if he can hold some food down. Crossing fingers it was just a bug.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Oh glad he seemed better!!

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wellll, he is but isnt . Looks like he got into something and is having issues passing bowel movements. We can see where the bleeding is comming from its right at the opening, Vet said to leave it today watch him if it gets worse or he starts looking uncomfortable to call him back. May have to take him in tomorrow, he is happy and jumping on me so isnt acting like he did last night. Hopefully this has passed already whatever caused him pain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts