Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
It depends.

LOL.

Typically, the higher-starred foods on this website: Dog Food Analysis - Reviews of kibble are the best.

HOWEVER, you also need to consider what works best for your dog. Kane was on Taste of the Wild (TOTW) originally and then I switched him to Orijen because that is supposedly the best (and it is a higher grade than TOTW). I, however, didn't notice a difference between the two to warrant paying an extra $40 a month, so I switched him back to TOTW.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I feed Taste of the Wild Wetlands to my 2. You really can't name a best. Some dogs will do good on a certain feed, and another dog may not do well at all on it. Just shop around and find a food that works well for your dog.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I swear by orijen as far as kibble , I say its the best you can get and is well worth the money , having my dogs on it for 3 years I can see a huge difference after switching them off to another food and despite the money im saving im really thinking of switching back. Raw is another good option to go with IMO , I have 1 on prey model raw diet and is doing great on it and looks really good coat and weight wise.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I swear by orijen as far as kibble , I say its the best you can get and is well worth the money , having my dogs on it for 3 years I can see a huge difference after switching them off to another food and despite the money im saving im really thinking of switching back. Raw is another good option to go with IMO , I have 1 on prey model raw diet and is doing great on it and looks really good coat and weight wise.
I was going to try Orijen before I started them on TOTW, but it is so expensive! I'll just stick with TOTW & Raw, for now. Lol.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
ya the orijen is pricey , whatever you decide to go with it is always better to go with something that you can afford no matter of when you run out , cause the food always seems to run out in between paydays lol , and switching them up to cheap stuff inbetween can mess up there digestive track. You will just have to pick a food and try it who knows the one you decide to go with may not be the best for your dog ,each dog is different just trial and error. Ihave heard good on TOTW so that isnt a bad choice. The raw can be pricey as well depending on what you feed. My boy is still on chicken , turkey, and fish but I have been stocking up on other things like ostrich and buffalo and kangaroo ect and it sure adds up fast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i used to feed iams until i learned some things about them and p&g - since then i've sworn them off.
after all that we started using canidae grain free als and my group seems to like it. one i've had my eye on though is wellness core, but that's a little more than i'm comfortable spending.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Don't forget Acana which is also made by champion pet foods, same company that makes Orijen. Acana is more in my price range. I haven't switched yet as I am still feeding Blue buffalo but I will be switching Bella over in the next few months. Acana is cheaper than Orijen and grain free as well. Both foods mentioned as far as quality goes are the best of the best ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.