Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lucius just handed a random dog his hind parts .... Let this be a lesson to all those who think they will forever have a dog friendly bulldog. Lucius normally is quite friendly to other dogs as long as they are friendly to him. My friend and I actually joke about how funny it is that Lucius is friendly to other dogs at 10 months old (well as long as they are friendly back)

Well. Someone's loose dog came running to us on our walk and Lucius actually greeted him normally. i was thinking to myself "thank goodness this is Lucius and not Pyra" Well, The owner came running and said "oh my dog is very "friendly" but the other dog tried to dominate him and did a little warning nip to Lucius and that was it. Lucius grabbed his neck and shook him like a rag doll as the dog screamed. I got them separated and dragged the dog over to where the owner was standing and then I gave him the speel on my dog. Thankfully the owner understood he was at fault.

WHY do people let their dogs off leash?!

And to those who think their dogs will always be friendly and get along with other dogs...imagine this happening at a dog park or doggie day care? Well, guess who is at fault? YOU. You brought your dog into that environment where there are no leashes, no control and dogs can run and play and dominate as they please.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
So glad it went as well as it did. And glad the owner wasn't a douche about it. Really really hate off leash friendly dogs. How is that an excuse for poor management of your dog!? Who CARES if he is friendly keep your dog leashed on public property!

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the owner is the stupid one! It's not the dog's fault he has an idiot for an owner. :/ the owner had to learn the lesson the hard way...they left the park and the dog had gashes in its neck but I think it will be ok once it gets cleaned/bandaged.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I can't tell you how many times I've come home from a walk with a back ache. I have to pick up one of my dogs probably every third walk due to the same situation. It gets old, and I'm discovering that people just aren't getting any wiser. The kicker, of course, is that my dog is the media whipping boy, not theirs.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Good boy Lucius. good boy! Any cur that attacks needs killed by the defender bull...

That's why fools hate our dogs, because they can whip theirs... I know that for a fact!

Reactions: ::::COACH::::

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Good boy Lucius. good boy! Any cur that attacks needs killed by the defender bull...

That's why fools hate our dogs, because they can whip theirs... I know that for a fact!
D*mn G! How do you really feel? LOL
Actually, I'd rather see the owner pay for the mistake....but then again that would be murder (insert an evil laugh here):roll:

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Saw this on fb! Like I said glad it ended with him realizing it was his fault. I wish more people understood not all dogs are "friendly." I know mine aren't.

A couple weeks ago a lady was taking her daily walk (different time everyday so it hard to keep track of when she'll be out) with her dog off leash and the stupid thing ran ahead of her and into my yard. I'm trying to get it to go and she walks up and stands in the road going come here. Come come come. Dog is obviously NOT listening. If he'd have taken another step he would have been in reach of Sheba. But I had her and she finally came another's got him after I said something.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
870 Posts
D*mn G! How do you really feel? LOL
Actually, I'd rather see the owner pay for the mistake....but then again that would be murder (insert an evil laugh here):roll:
If we want to get technical, it is the low-income owners that have all the f-ups with the breed. (Supposed breed-bastards have no pedigreed dogs!)

Trust me big C, I haven't said the half of what I really think....

But good for Lucius! Other dog deserved it for its owners f-up.

Reactions: Just Tap Pits

·
Premium Member
1,603 Posts
Gosh when will people learn? My boy Deuce is the same way, and we recently had the same thing happen. Someone walking head on at us let their dog run up to us, I told Deuce to sit and he did as he kept eye contact with me. When the dog got to us it growled and tried to bite Deuce on the neck, but my boy had that dog pinned on the ground before I even had time to blink. I let Deuce hold him there until the owner got to us and then explained why they should keep their dog on a leash at all times, they obviously didn't learn though because I just saw the dog off leash again a couple days ago👿

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
I've had pit mixes (owned or fostered), and ms. Indie the UKC APBT... And all of em have accidentally scuffled with another dog, and all of em have come out on top. Any breed can be an a-hole with others, but you have to be super vigilant with apbts and mixes, to protect the breed rep, and the dog.

This girl I work with has 5 pit mixes (she thinks they're pure) 3 of which are recently acquired. Of course , fights are breaking out left and right. I told her Breaking stick, crate and rotate, and how to break up a fight. Also told her about this forum... I hope she takes my advice!! It's disheartening sometimes, knowing you're looking at a potential headline . (she has kids, too)

Reactions: ::::COACH::::

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
I can't tell you how many times I've come home from a walk with a back ache. I have to pick up one of my dogs probably every third walk due to the same situation. It gets old, and I'm discovering that people just aren't getting any wiser. The kicker, of course, is that my dog is the media whipping boy, not theirs.
hehe :) spot on

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im glad to hear you all understand the great problem we have going on! It's so frustrating! The dog was another "bully breed type" and probably weighed about 70lbs....I was shocked at how strong Lucius was. To shake a 70 pound dog by the neck like it was nothing is scary to see. The owner was freaking out....and my heart didnt stop pounding till hours later...so much adrenalin--- I had to focus on not getting bit by the big dog while breaking Lucius off. The owner did say that they will now always keep on leash so at least lesson learned.

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
"Its ok my dog is nice" Famous last words!

·
<(-.-)> N00B
350 Posts
Gomen, Just as many non low income people f#it up with these dogs as lower income. I'm actually offended by your post because you just lumped me in a group of people without knowing anything about me. I take damn good care of my dogs regardless of my income status.

Coach, I'm glad your boy is alright and that the owner seemed to have learned their lesson. It's sad it had to come to that. It just goes to show you never know when Dog Aggression will strike.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Lucius just handed a random dog his hind parts .... Let this be a lesson to all those who think they will forever have a dog friendly bulldog. And to those who think their dogs will always be friendly and get along with other dogs...imagine this happening at a dog park or doggie day care? Well, guess who is at fault? YOU. You brought your dog into that environment where there are no leashes, no control and dogs can run and play and dominate as they please.
I guess this may as well be directed to me since it's relevant to our recent posts. Thanks for the advice, although Tyson is friendly I wouldn't want to see him tear another dog apart if he was ever to get loose from his leash. Thanks again.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not necessary directed to you, but there are many people who feel the same way as you....including the owner of this dog that came running up to us. You dog might not be the one getting torn apart, another dog might not appreciate the humping (display of dominance) and decide he/she has had enough.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Gomen, Just as many non low income people f#it up with these dogs as lower income. I'm actually offended by your post because you just lumped me in a group of people without knowing anything about me. I take damn good care of my dogs regardless of my income status.
Seconded. Totally agree. Only way income could play a role is emergency surgeries for blockage or something but Income has nothing to do with being a responsible owner in management style. I am broke and I still do all I can for my dog. I know MANY MANY people who work with dogs who are low income and care for their dogs. Thinking low income is bad owner is just like those who feel people own pit bulls to compensate for penis size. Just not true in majority of the cases. I go into the country where people feel entitled and it's Their property or acres of park space and have l just as many issues with off leash dogs there as I do with low income city people.

Real housewives of Beverly Hills dog is gonna be on the news one day that women if clueless with her mutt. Rich people can pay to cover shit up or get the news coverage stopped. Poor people don't stand a chance. And seriously what poor people are buying 10k, $20k dogs that people sell off as xxxl pit bulls that end up on the news.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I second Amy's comment. I make $8/hour, and right now with business being slow, I'm getting maybe $100/week and have rent, lights, water, and dogs to maintain, as well as children, one who is an infant so I have to buy diapers every two weeks, also. I have a savings account strictly for my dogs' care (food, medical, collars/leads, etc.). I manage my dogs by crating and rotating, being vigilant when we're outside and in the public, and avoid confrontation with strays the best I can. Usually, I'm able to see if there are any strays wandering through the yard prior to taking my dogs out. Sometimes though (usually at night) I can't see them until I get out with my dogs, and we just turn around and come back inside, and I go chase the dogs off before I take my dogs back out. I understand when you take your dog for walks around the neighborhood, it's not as easy to be so vigilant, but always be in tune with your surroundings. I've avoided many the confrontation with strays when we walk just by watching ahead, behind and around me.

My own dogs cannot ever be around each other anymore, as they are both DA and will jump on each other (and I own an intact female and a neutered male). It's all about management.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts