Go Pitbull Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2 beautiful little girls we rescued are doing great! They are now healthy and vet checked as well as utd on their shots and have been taught some manners.

We had decided to stop looking for a home for Penny, because we couldn't find the perfect home for her. But as soon as we stopped looking the perfect home fell into our laps. A relative who we know will take great care of her came and met her today and fell in love. So i am very pleased to say that she has found a wonderful home with woderful people and we will get to see her any time we want.

Now question, we have a spay and health contract that we had intended to have the new owners sign. I think we should still even though the are family. My boyfriend doesnt think its needed. Opinions?

Here are some pictures of them together. The fawn is Penny, and the blue and white is Izzy.

·
Registered
776 Posts
pretty much personal pref.
if your not willing to take legal action on them being family , then its really a moot point anyhow

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty much personal pref.
if your not willing to take legal action on them being family , then its really a moot point anyhow
i wouldn't spare their feelings for the health of an animal i love. If they were mistreating her or planning to breed her i would bring up the contract in a heart beat weather it bother them or not.

My boyfriends mom rehomed her dog to a family and we saw him not long ago. He's an english bulldog, he probably only weighs 15 pounds right now. When she had him he weighed 60 and he now has little to no fur and 2 cherry eyes. Their is nothing she can do about it because there was no contract. And all animal control did was right them a warning.

this one instance makes me not care who they are. i think we need legal support in any case

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
I want them both.

I would still do the contract,just because they are with family,does not mean they can't still fall into the wrong hands.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
They are adorable!!!! I say make them sign it. It's about the pup and if they refuse to sign you know they are not a good fit. Plus you make everyone sign so you are not "picking" on them. Just curious is it your family or your boyfriends? If it's your side then who cares what he wants lol.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Even with a contract unless it is legally drawn up and properly done it holds little value other than a scare factor to those that don't know any better.

To save face tell them they need to do the contract family or not as you have to have it for your "rescue records". That saves the uncomfortable spot of asking family to do a contract. I would do it no matter what as even though they are often of no legal use, you can put it into play if needed and most people don't know you can't enforce it.

I actually had a huge fight with my ex's father over him just signing my basic contract for a puppy many years ago. He threw a fit and refused to sign a simple contract saying you feed, water, properly contain, and care for the dog or I take it back. So needless to say he never got the pup nor did I get along with him after that.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Stick with the contract family or not. Sometimes family can take advantage just because they are just that..........family ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even with a contract unless it is legally drawn up and properly done it holds little value other than a scare factor to those that don't know any better.

To save face tell them they need to do the contract family or not as you have to have it for your "rescue records". That saves the uncomfortable spot of asking family to do a contract. I would do it no matter what as even though they are often of no legal use, you can put it into play if needed and most people don't know you can't enforce it.

I actually had a huge fight with my ex's father over him just signing my basic contract for a puppy many years ago. He threw a fit and refused to sign a simple contract saying you feed, water, properly contain, and care for the dog or I take it back. So needless to say he never got the pup nor did I get along with him after that.
it was drawn up by our lawyer and will be noterized upon signing. and i we are going to have them sign it. i don't feel that its a chance i'm willing to take for them to be treated badly. which i don't think that they would intentionally do, but the contract states that if for any reason they are unable to keep her or provide for her she comes back to us. So that way i know they wont get rid of her to someone who may treat her badly down the road.

and someone asked if it was mine or his family. it's his. If it was mine it wouldn't have been an issue.

·
my crazy little mutt pack
3,272 Posts
freakin adorable pups, i say make em sign

1 - 10 of 10 Posts