Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I was looking through my art box and found two old pieces of art i'd like to show you all. Plus, i'd like to show my last piece i did for a friend who lost his Doberman. So please leave feedback. Thanks ;)

Latest piece:

and here are the two old pics of art i found lol.

(done in crayon)

btw sorry if this one was hard to see. I was going to add in a bit more darker lining but....if i happen to redo my Mythical Creatures then i can redo this pic and put more of my recent "Spunk" to it ;)

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Wow, those are really good.
I particularly like the last one.
What software are you using to do your photograph manipulation?

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, those are really good.
I particularly like the last one.
What software are you using to do your photograph manipulation?
Thanks so much :) I use photoshop. But the first pic with the two real images fused together came from the person with the request lol. i just drew it exactly how i saw it. and the last one is one i want to work on to bring out what can be brought out from it :)

·
Premium Member
4,321 Posts
Wow gorgeous job as always!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Thanks so much :) I use photoshop. But the first pic with the two real images fused together came from the person with the request lol. i just drew it exactly how i saw it. and the last one is one i want to work on to bring out what can be brought out from it :)
Ah, okay, okay, so the photograph came to you and you did the drawing!
I'm graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts (Computer Animation) in December, I'm used to sketches coming first! ;)
Your drawings are very skillful, do you ever do any digital work?
As in maybe scan a hand drawing, and then use photoshop to enhance your lines and add digital color?
Also, what version of Photoshop are you using?

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah, okay, okay, so the photograph came to you and you did the drawing!
I'm graduating with a Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts (Computer Animation) in December, I'm used to sketches coming first! ;)
Your drawings are very skillful, do you ever do any digital work?
As in maybe scan a hand drawing, and then use photoshop to enhance your lines and add digital color?
Also, what version of Photoshop are you using?
lol yep yep yep! and thank you thank you thank you! lol :D
Also, cool congrats! lol Computer animation is one of my dreams. That way i can turn Rascal into a moving pup, and give him a show and work with Pixar animation studios. By the way, i may have known once but i do not remember at the time, what's digital work?
I have to fix my printer/scanner thing. But til then i just take pics and upload them onto my comp. But i only use Photoshop when making animations like Rascal and his friends :) I use Photoshop Cs5 btw :)

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
You sure are talented! I used to draw my butt off when I was younger, just free hand stuff. I wanted to be a special effects dude:) Ahhh, those were the days;) I hope you catch your dream.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You sure are talented! I used to draw my butt off when I was younger, just free hand stuff. I wanted to be a special effects dude:) Ahhh, those were the days;) I hope you catch your dream.
Much appreciated. I sure hope i get there, and i'll tell them that my best friends n' adopted family are on GoPitBull :goodpost:
Oz told me
when you makin disney and pixar money, that 7 digit money dont u forget the lil people!!! LOL
so i promise i won't :D

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Ah, good old CS5!
I actually just got that one but my drive's too full to install it right now...don't ask...so I'm still using CS4. Do you have any sort of pen input to your computer? I'm using a Wacom Intuos4, Wacom also makes a line of tablets called Bamboo Pen, from what I hear they're great starter pads, and reasonably priced as well.
Sometimes you can find factory refurbished Intuos 4's on amazon.com, too...they go for like half price of the brand new ones and I know I can't tell that mine's refurb'ed! :)

Not trying to steal your thread or anything but I thought I'd share some of my more recent work with you. These photos were taken with my cell phone (they're missing a lot of detail because they're so big), maybe someday soon I'll take some good pictures of them.

These two are done in black charcoal and measure 6ft x 4ft. Both of these were inspired by magazine/newspaper cutouts, taken out of context.

This one's a little smaller, 4'x2.5' or something, in black and white charcoal

Self Portrait #936,585,381 (You'll be sick of looking at yourself by the time you're done with art school)

These are 'digital work'...by that I mean any artwork done on the computer. Scanned and refinished (hand drawn and then traced over with photoshop paintbrush, colored, shaded, etc), or completely modeled and rendered in a 3D animation program like Autodesk Maya. Again, these are pics of my monitor taken from my cellphone for use in txt messaging. None of the pieces below are finished, they are works in progress for my senior show.

These two images contain only computer generated elements, modeled, textured, and rendered through Autodesk Maya 2010.

This last image is all CGI aside from the model, he is added through photoshop. It's a chop job, but he's just there to hold a place and give you some idea of what my finished pieces will look like. The model will be hand-colored in photoshop, and the rest of the scene needs to be modified heavily, though it is more finished than the rest of the digital pieces seen here.

Um yea so anyway, that's some of my work, recent past and present. I've got tons and tons more around here, but that's enough for now, I'm sure.

As a side note, if you want to work for Pixar, from what I've HEARD, they do their hiring selectively from the Chicago Institute of Art. The school, too, is extremely selective, but keep honing your skills the way you are you you wont have any problems getting accepted. :)

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ah, good old CS5!
I actually just got that one but my drive's too full to install it right now...don't ask...so I'm still using CS4. Do you have any sort of pen input to your computer? I'm using a Wacom Intuos4, Wacom also makes a line of tablets called Bamboo Pen, from what I hear they're great starter pads, and reasonably priced as well.
Sometimes you can find factory refurbished Intuos 4's on amazon.com, too...they go for like half price of the brand new ones and I know I can't tell that mine's refurb'ed! :)

Not trying to steal your thread or anything but I thought I'd share some of my more recent work with you. These photos were taken with my cell phone (they're missing a lot of detail because they're so big), maybe someday soon I'll take some good pictures of them.

These two are done in black charcoal and measure 6ft x 4ft. Both of these were inspired by magazine/newspaper cutouts, taken out of context.

This one's a little smaller, 4'x2.5' or something, in black and white charcoal

Self Portrait #936,585,381 (You'll be sick of looking at yourself by the time you're done with art school)

These are 'digital work'...by that I mean any artwork done on the computer. Scanned and refinished (hand drawn and then traced over with photoshop paintbrush, colored, shaded, etc), or completely modeled and rendered in a 3D animation program like Autodesk Maya. Again, these are pics of my monitor taken from my cellphone for use in txt messaging. None of the pieces below are finished, they are works in progress for my senior show.

These two images contain only computer generated elements, modeled, textured, and rendered through Autodesk Maya 2010.

This last image is all CGI aside from the model, he is added through photoshop. It's a chop job, but he's just there to hold a place and give you some idea of what my finished pieces will look like. The model will be hand-colored in photoshop, and the rest of the scene needs to be modified heavily, though it is more finished than the rest of the digital pieces seen here.

Um yea so anyway, that's some of my work, recent past and present. I've got tons and tons more around here, but that's enough for now, I'm sure.

As a side note, if you want to work for Pixar, from what I've HEARD, they do their hiring selectively from the Chicago Institute of Art. The school, too, is extremely selective, but keep honing your skills the way you are you you wont have any problems getting accepted. :)
lol!
About the pen input. Not sure, i might.
I use Windpower sketchbooks. It's about time i get new sketchbooks. I got through them like no tomorrow lol. I'll check out Wacom. You think they might sell them at Micheals craft store? :)
I'll check them out on Amazon too. Thanks for that! ;)

And that's okay, i love seeing other people's artwork. I love your art. I hear charcoal can really bring out images with the right hand. I've gotta give it a shot. My favs are the first and second ones. I love the skullz. Funny comment about the self portrait LOL.
Btw, i think i have done digital artwork then. Everytime i draw an animation i finish it off in Photoshop. Sometimes the pencil lining doesn't come out as clear as i want it, and i'd just zoom in and finish it off with the airbrush paint brush tool. But usually i just go back over the drawing with a pencil. For those not to be finished they sure are awesome!

Also, thanks for the scoop on Pixar! i've been looking for any ears that have heard about them and/or where they choose their workers from. I'll totally keep this in mind. :goodpost:

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
by pen input, i mean something like this (prepare to be amazed. seriously. sit down.):

Keep in mind that the link is to the absolute top of the line model. The Wacom Bamboo Pen and Intuos4 are made by the same company but they don't double as a display, they're just a black pad that you hook up via USB and you can use the stylus like a pencil with photoshop, instead of using the mouse. There is a little learning curve, but at the end of the day it really is just like drawing on paper. Only you have things like Undo to save the day.

You really gotta to check this out, ask santa for one, this is the bamboo pen: Amazon.com: Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet: Electronics

The Bamboo Pen is the step down from the Intuos4, which is considered the 'professional' model. Everyone I know who has a Bamboo says they work great for the price. My Intuos4 was about $150 (refurb) but amazon's got a Bamboo refurb'ed for 43 bucks.
They really are phenomenal tools, I can't describe to you how much I love mine. The pen is wireless and battery free, one end is whatever tool you have selected, the other end is always an eraser. I could go on and on, you see?

Also, If you'd like to see more of my work, I've got a few animations on Youtube. Some of these span back to my sophomore semesters, back in 2005 or something, while the most recent ones are from early 2009. I try not to work with animation anymore, I much prefer still images like I showed you earlier.
YouTube - FoxmanProductions's Channel
Also, I just remembered that I re-worked both of those drawings since I took those pics...When I get someone here to help me unroll them I'll set up some good pictures. :)
Also, that's it.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
by pen input, i mean something like this (prepare to be amazed. seriously. sit down.):
YouTube - Wacom Cintiq 21ux in action
YouTube - Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2.0 conclusion draw

Keep in mind that the link is to the absolute top of the line model. The Wacom Bamboo Pen and Intuos4 are made by the same company but they don't double as a display, they're just a black pad that you hook up via USB and you can use the stylus like a pencil with photoshop, instead of using the mouse. There is a little learning curve, but at the end of the day it really is just like drawing on paper. Only you have things like Undo to save the day.

You really gotta to check this out, ask santa for one, this is the bamboo pen:
Amazon.com: Wacom Bamboo Pen Tablet: Electronics

The Bamboo Pen is the step down from the Intuos4, which is considered the 'professional' model. Everyone I know who has a Bamboo says they work great for the price. My Intuos4 was about $150 (refurb) but amazon's got a Bamboo refurb'ed for 43 bucks.
They really are phenomenal tools, I can't describe to you how much I love mine. The pen is wireless and battery free, one end is whatever tool you have selected, the other end is always an eraser. I could go on and on, you see?

Also, If you'd like to see more of my work, I've got a few animations on Youtube. Some of these span back to my sophomore semesters, back in 2005 or something, while the most recent ones are from early 2009. I try not to work with animation anymore, I much prefer still images like I showed you earlier.
YouTube - FoxmanProductions's Channel
Also, I just remembered that I re-worked both of those drawings since I took those pics...When I get someone here to help me unroll them I'll set up some good pictures. :)
Also, that's it.
OMG No Friggin' Way!!
I NEED one of those! Thanks so much for sharing that info with me!! It's only 63 bucks (The Wacom Bamboo pen tablet)! Shucks, i just might beat Santa to it
I love your Wacky Cut Out Fun Time animation. I love the gargoyles! I wanna do an animation. Not sure how long it'll take but i'd like to do one of Rascal pulling his name out in front of him then licking the screen and barking. Been wanting to accomplish this before Rascal was even created ;)

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Do you have the adobe suite, or just photoshop?
Adobe also makes a program called AfterEffects, for animating.
The best of the best.

And that bamboo tablet is a good place to start. You can get your feet wet with that one and then upgrade to a much better one later on, when the GOOD ones are a little cheaper. :)

Just make sure you get the Bamboo Pen or the Bamboo Pen and Touch, not Bamboo Touch. The touch only version doesn't have anywhere near the accuracy that the pen ones do.

Nice talkin to ya, keep me posted with your progress!

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you have the adobe suite, or just photoshop?
Adobe also makes a program called AfterEffects, for animating.
The best of the best.

And that bamboo tablet is a good place to start. You can get your feet wet with that one and then upgrade to a much better one later on, when the GOOD ones are a little cheaper. :)

Just make sure you get the Bamboo Pen or the Bamboo Pen and Touch, not Bamboo Touch. The touch only version doesn't have anywhere near the accuracy that the pen ones do.

Nice talkin to ya, keep me posted with your progress!
I just have Photoshop. I've gotta check out the AfterEffects! As a matter of fact, i'll try and do it now!

i can't wait til i get my hands on that tablet. I'll soak my brain with ideas lol. And thanks for that, i need tips ;)

Nice talking to you too! And i sure will! thanks a ton! :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts