Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has always been one of my favorite holidays. But it is seriously annoying me this year. Someone in my neighborhood how now set something off 2 days in a row that make my entire house shake and send the dogs (one of which didn't even mind the fireworks going off last year) into mass panic in the house. Sheba hides behind the couch and even jumps up into my lap-which she never does- bc she's freaked out.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Good with tools
9,791 Posts
I usually post a reminder to make an appointment with the vet to get sedatives for this reason. My neighborhood is bad right now too, but its going to get worse so I'm saving them for the right times. The dogs are constantly under my feet, except the schnoodle. She is tougher than the big sissy dogs. One is under my bed and the other is hiding in the shower pissing himself right now!

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been going on for a couple weeks now. We're in the country so once fireworks go on sale, they go off. Cain and Ammo haven't minded. Sheba is terrified of them though. Anything that's a loud bang or pop. But it sounds like someone is making homemade fireworks and shooting them off. Waking my husband up while he sleeps for work in the evenings. Hopefully Shebas thunder shirt helps her out. They just better hope I don't find out who they are lol. Ill have some words to say to them.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gage hates thunder storms. Hes such a wuss. Flex wants to kill the fireworks. Hes been barkimg and growling at every boom for 2 days now. Tomorrow is gonna be bad...
Yea. She's either hiding under my feet, behind the couch or trying to be in my lap. Cain could care less. Tomorrow is going to be awful. Out here they'll shoot them for at least another week.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Shit I live on a beach that's not big an pretty isolated so people go there to set them off pretty regularly from flag day to the end of July. Totally sucks. The worst is when the town sets them off and my neighborhood is invaded and people park all over and trash is left. Yeah not a fan and they aren't even legal in my state.

Gargamel hates the oscillating fan. He stays clear of it even when there is his toy by it. But I was sitting up and he needed to be close to me so apparently fireworks trump fan lol

Poor scared pooch! His eyes are so huge.

Sent from Petguide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Poor Mel :( lol Sheba LOVES to go outside. If you say out she has a cow and runs to the door. But tonight when I said ok a d opened the door to go out she tucked her tail and walked off :( finally quieted down out here about 2 hours ago so everyone is relaxed again.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Awww that's sweet. Calmed down enough to get ready for tonight. Lol Mel also refused I go out before bed.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I guess im lucky my dogs don't seem to mind them much. I just make sure I bring them inside for Halloween , New years, and Canada day. Although its the same here usually a week before and after each we will have them go off .

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
my boy refused to walk last night. so we postponed and went on a midnight stroll.
tonight will be the same. he hides under the bed and wimpers every few minutes till i tell him "all clear".
everyone be careful on your morning walk tomorrow. i expect a few strays that got spooked and jumped their fences.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Happy Independence Day!!!!!

Be sure to pour some out for those who've died for us and before us ;)

"God" Bless you and yours..... Be safe Have fun remember why we are free~

1 - 20 of 21 Posts