Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, all! I'm back! :woof:

I had just mentioned last week going to a dog show, the first in a couple years. Well, I guess the dogs heard me, because both Jerzi and Indie popped up with ringworm. WTF. :hammer: My youngest stepdaughter got it a few weeks ago, and I suppose she spread it. Indie has a half-dollar sized spot right over her NOSE, and one on her shoulder, while Ms. Jerzi has one on her lower muzzle-lips. This has been a bad year for fleas, also, where I cannot get ANYTHING to work on the girls. Frontline, Diatomaceous earth, NUTHIN. I have to bathe them with Dawn once a week, and the giant fleas are right back. This is probably why they became susceptible to the ringworm.

So, treatment has been NuStock one day, Mitrocanazole ointment the next. The show is the first weekend of March... here's hoping their hair mostly regrows by then! Any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
Wow, too bad!

Have you heard of Capstar? It's over the counter, most any vet can get it. Kills fleas in under 5 minutes, you can just watch them falling off dead.

·
Super Moderator
5,336 Posts
Wow Indie, talk about some bad luck. If you're not doing it already, wash the ringworm spots with some mild soap and water in between the Mitrocanazole ointment treatment. Best of luck getting them cleared up before the show.

Joe

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm.. I have heard of Capstar, but I haven't tried it. We live on a horse farm, so I'm wondering if these are super horse fleas or something.. :roll:

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks to finally be clearing up a bit as far as inflammation. Less pink, more normal skin color now. Hope at least some of the fur grow back, or we'll be skipping the show Mar 5. :(

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Put a little new stock you should be able to have it back by March. Hope it works out good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts