Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 6 yr old 1/2 pitt, half plott hound. She is basically so sweet with the baby and us and those she knows. Recently moved back with my daughter, so new house, etc. Outside the house, she runs up on other dogs, barks and growls at some strangers, pulls on the leash, etc. Is it too late to train her & improve her behavior? A little boy at our house last night & she growled and came at him a little, maybe because he was near the baby? But we can't have that. She's so sweet, but has such an ugly and menacing growl outside at times with no provocation. We live in Oakland, CA. Looking for somewhere we can do training classes with her that are free or not too expensive if possible. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
For a basic coarse you could try your local PetSmart or Petco and check their pricing. For the behavioral problems you are describing a special trainer would be advised. Hopefully, someone here on theWest coast can steer you in the right direction .

Joe

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! I am currently doing training with my pit with Hopalong animal rescue. They have a multitude of training classes at various Petco locations on the weekend. The classes are $25/each class or you can purchase a 6-week training course for $125. You can see more on their website. Good luck with training, hopefully I’ll see you there!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts