Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't do this a lot but I'm a little proud of these treats haha they wore me out to make. I didn't have a sunflower cookie cutter so I had to cut the petals myself..and those are carob chips in the middle.

Before Baking

First batch...got a lil burned

my favorite one? somehow haha

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
How does your pup like them? My guy is soooo picky, its hard to fond some he will eat. Could you share the recipe? Gargamel HATES boxed biscuits. I make his as well and use a heart cookie cutter on them, lol. they have bone meal and brewers yeast in them, along with cheese, chicken broth and breasts and flour and corn meal. I could give you my recipe if your interested. Your look so fancy!! lol :) great job!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
How does your pup like them? My guy is soooo picky, its hard to fond some he will eat. Could you share the recipe? Gargamel HATES boxed biscuits. I make his as well and use a heart cookie cutter on them, lol. they have bone meal and brewers yeast in them, along with cheese, chicken broth and breasts and flour and corn meal. I could give you my recipe if your interested. Your look so fancy!! lol :) great job!
Yours sound way fancier! haha mine are
1 cup each of of tapioca flour and brown rice flower
1 cup of raw hulled sunflower seeds-I ground them just a little
1/2 cup of oat bran
1/4 cup of a honey/molasses/peanut butter mixture (I didn't have enough honey haha)
1 egg
a little apple cider vinegar
and water

and the topping is just carob chips and egg wash

I get almost all my recipes from the Bubba Rose Biscuit Co. cookbook...I usually change the recipe quite a bit but I was running short on time yesterday so this one is pretty much by the book. I usually never put water in them I'll substitute it with some stock that has a lot of aroma. It just seems like a waste of flavor for dog treats!

and Loki lovess them! Him and my roommates chihuahua probably go the most crazy for them but I've never seen a dog turn one of my treats down! (cross fingers)

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Yours sound way fancier! haha mine are
1 cup each of of tapioca flour and brown rice flower
1 cup of raw hulled sunflower seeds-I ground them just a little
1/2 cup of oat bran
1/4 cup of a honey/molasses/peanut butter mixture (I didn't have enough honey haha)
1 egg
a little apple cider vinegar
and water

and the topping is just carob chips and egg wash

I get almost all my recipes from the Bubba Rose Biscuit Co. cookbook...I usually change the recipe quite a bit but I was running short on time yesterday so this one is pretty much by the book. I usually never put water in them I'll substitute it with some stock that has a lot of aroma. It just seems like a waste of flavor for dog treats!

and Loki lovess them! Him and my roommates chihuahua probably go the most crazy for them but I've never seen a dog turn one of my treats down! (cross fingers)
thanks so much! Can't wait to try them and check out the cookbook!!! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts