Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey someone dropped off a dog to my friends husband because (drum roll) their landlord told them they could not get a dog. Anyway.

My friend was told the dog had fleas last month but they sprayed this stuff on the THREE MONTH OLD puppy and are now gone:

now a week later I still see bumps on the poor pups belly but his BACK OOOO no his poor back!!! They are going to the vet on Friday, but I think its infected NOW and since I have never had a flea problem or a reaction to spray problem, could it be that? Or is in mange??? Or could it be both? Can an oatmeal bath HURT the open wounds? I really want to try and ease this poor boys itching, he is acting fine but ITCHING like crazy!!!! I put a video at the end in case the pictures didn't give the raised bump type of feel.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
im guessing some sort of chemical burn from that crap they put on him{ on the back} and looks to be infected now as well. The head though that looks like mange to me, but i guess could be a staff infection or something. I would deff take him to the vet. Who sprayed that on the pup the original owners? if this is how they received him I would place a complaint on those people with the humane society. Poor pup, let us know how he progresses.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The story is original owner had to give him up ASAP and owner found a friend to take the dog while original owner found a home. Once my girl's husband said they would take the pup the original owner went to his friends to get the dog and bring him to my friend. The "friend" is the one who sprayed the dog with the stuff. I don't see any eggs, but there are bumps on the belly, not sure if they are related to the chemicals or if they are fleas....

Poor guy been bounced around in his short life, such a shame. Also, looks like they are not supply the vet records can a puppy who has been vaccinated with some shits get them again? How do you handle a no history or shots when you go to the vet? Is it bad for the dog to get them AGAIN (if they did indeed get shots originally)?

Lastly, can I give this to Mel? Should I go home and shower and wash my clothes before touching Mel?? Or am I being ridiculous?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Definitely an infection and it looks like either an allergy or possible mange. Looks like mange around the head and face. The back looks severe.....can't they take him in like today? He has got to be in so much pain and discomfort. :(

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
We had the same issue with those pups we took we were told they had there 1st shots but had no record of it and didnt want to sell the pups without shots or proof of them. The vet said it was ok to just do again so we got them all redone and they have all been fine. We still talk with the owners and they have followed through with the remaining 2 sets and everything has been ok. If your unsure I would get them done again, if they said they have done them find out what vet as they may have records of them and you can call and ask them to verify. If they cant verify it id go on the cautious side and just redo them. And Im not sure about passing things to mel as we dont even know what it is, If was me until you know what it is I would wash hands well obviously and possibly change clothes. poor pup , when is he seeing the vet? loooks painful, is he scratching at it alot?

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
If he has demodectic mange or allergies then no, you can't give it to mel. I'm not sure if you could bring little buggers home with you if he has sarcoptic mange though because that is contagious to humans as well. Are your friends itching?

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
looks like sarcoptic mange, plus maybe an infection. YOU could catch it, as well as mel. I'd handle the pup w/ gloves, and keep in in a separate room. Poor pup. :(

Reactions: ames

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah itching and scratching up a storm poor boy. hopefully original owner can take him to vet today. he gets out at 3.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well we gave him a soak in oatmeal and I got him a collar to stop the licking and a shirt to stop the scratching for now. Got him a kong so he didnt hate me too bad lol. Waiting for the vet to call back from this morning for an appt.

He sure is a cutie, great ears :) He is supposed to be a boxer and pit bull mix. Hope he gets better soon. He stopped itching after the bath, it must have felt good. and they are going to call my vet if they do not hear from the one by them.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
he really is a cutie, is there any update on him yet. sorry my question mark isnt working its on some diff setting and making this É when i use question mark lol. I havent mastered this key board yet ... sorry back on topic , I love the puppys ears they sit so cute.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Can't rep you guys yet, need to spread thanks for the help today. love his ears too :)

Is this dog fight with someone or how is this happened, that's not good, it must have to take for proper treatment.
Totally not good, I think he had mange and they put the flea stuff (which is NOT good for puppies) and it caused a burn. Or he could have had fleas but they are now gone, who knows. Horrible situation that happened.

They have an appointment for the morning, hopefully the guy doesn't flake or I am bringing him to my vet if he does. effed up situation for sure. The org owner who found my friend went on his honeymoon and another friend dropped the dog off, the other friend, who was watching him while org owner was gone, is the one who put the flea stuff on the pup. Its messed up for sure. I feel for the pup being bounced around and he must be uncomfortable for sure.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the vet said to give him a bath every other day with Hydrocortizone. I just don't get it. Nothing for the infection, I guess after my bath and wound cleaning it started to heal up OK and the vet thought it was OK. Now, the vet didn't do a skin scrapping, I THINK its because the guy didn't get one, my friend is saying that the vet said it wasn't needed at this point, to let the pup heal and see him in 2 weeks for a followup. Not sure if my friends are taking the dog back or not. They want to, but now the guy is acting shady about letting them take it. Such a crappy situation I feel so bad for the pup. thanks for all the help everyone, glad the pup is doing better.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
What? so the original guy owns the pup still? I thought your friends have him now? If the original owner has him and wont take him back to the vet he should be reported that absurd. if it doesnt fully heal and an infection develops its not going to go away on its own. poor pup I hope he gets the treatments he needs for as long as he needs it.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What? so the original guy owns the pup still? I thought your friends have him now? If the original owner has him and wont take him back to the vet he should be reported that absurd. if it doesnt fully heal and an infection develops its not going to go away on its own. poor pup I hope he gets the treatments he needs for as long as he needs it.
no the original owner in on his honeymoon until Sunday. He gave it to his friend while he went on his honeymoon so he could get the pup to MY friend. When the Original Owners friend had him for a few days before MY friend had him, he put the spray on which caused the issue. The original owners friend took him to the vet yesterday because he wanted to take him back to the vet he had already been going to for some reason and has not called my friends back about it yet... I just hope the original owners friend isn't lying about taking him, why else would he not be calling my friends back...

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Ya thats weird Id want to know which vet and call them to see what was said. I wouldnt have handed the dog back to that guy I woulda just taken the dog in. Is the pup back with your friends now or is he comming back to them? wonder how the original guy is going to feel Id be sooooo PO'd if that was my dog and a "friend" caused that.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya thats weird Id want to know which vet and call them to see what was said. I wouldnt have handed the dog back to that guy I woulda just taken the dog in. Is the pup back with your friends now or is he comming back to them? wonder how the original guy is going to feel Id be sooooo PO'd if that was my dog and a "friend" caused that.
exactly, They are waiting until Sunday and calling the dude, nice way to get back form your honeymoon, but the whole situation sucks IMO I mean how you gonna let something happen when you have been trusted to watch the pup!!! So aggravating. They want the dog, I told them not to let the dude take him but they could not bring him to the vet til today, so they thought it was better to get the dog to the vet.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Amy...is he back with your friends or still with the "other" guy who took him to the vet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts