Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may come off as a dumb question, but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on getting my pup to go get a frizbie.

She will get a ball or a toy, but the she won't go after the frizbie.

Any pointers on getting her to try to grab it in the air? or does that just come natural for some dogs?

LOL.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Is she teething? Frisbees are hard plastic and some dogs do not like the feel in the mouth. Frisbees are also not really recommended they wear down the teeth because they are hard and a dog can jump in the air to get them. This can lead torn ACL's and other issues. Try using a chuck it to throw a ball further. There are also soft Frisbees like a flying squirrel but keep them low to the ground NO twisting or jumping. Think of the long term effects of this play, dogs jump up but often do not care about how they land and I see my clients dogs get hurt all the time. When playing fetch you have to be the brains of the operation and keep you dog from going to hard, to high, and know when to stop. Dog flying through the air might look cool but when you see the injury rate in sports dogs you may change you mind. ;)

We just had a member's dog here blow and ACL from that.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
My dogs love this Frisbee, it is soft and I make it fly low and they run after it and grab it low with no jumping. It does not get big air like the plastic ones. I read my post again and I made it sound so scary and sucked the fun out of it! lol Sorry, you can play fetch just be careful and here is a great one to use. My dogs see me get that out and they come unglued!

Chuckit Flying Squirrel Frisbee Dog Toy | NationalPetPharmacy

·
Banned
283 Posts
I used to play with my dad's old lab with an old Frisbee Golf frisbee. It was a "putter disc" and was meant to fly flow and straight lol. And my old neighbors use the lid off a 5 gallon bucket lol. You'll be outside working on the truck and all of a sudden here comed Beau with his bucket top lol. Good hunting dog... but not very smart lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.