Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone? ive been buying her it for 2 weeks now instead of dry food just wanting to know if i made a good decision anyone have any info?

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
It is garbage, in my opinion. Extremely below average dog food that has high carbs and less than ideal protein/fat content, which is whack considering that meat dominates the ingredient list. 2.5 out of 5 stars and the grade on it is an F I know.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
crude protine 18percent, crude fat 8percent, fiber 2.5percent, moisture 44 percent, 5lb bag for 6bucks is that really bad move can you give me something healthier make my dog gain some bulk shes only 50lb running her everyday i said what the hell and bout a month of that bully max just to see if it worked had extra money thought why not you know?.. i didnt know about k-9 before buying the bully max or ida bought that but suggestions on foods would be nice

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
am i better of just saying f it n buying blue buffalo wildlife dry food and not even mess with frozen or canned foods?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
id rather go with a good quality kibble orijen , blue buffalo, TOTW, Acana or better yet just go raw. JMO

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how expensive can a all raw diet be though ive never looked into it i dont know if i can afford that? if i can afford to buy a 50dollar bag of blue buffalo can a month can i afford a raw diet i just have one dog

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally, I would either go grain free or raw. But it really depends on your budget. Acana was costing me more than raw when I fed it. And IMO, "bulking" up your dog is going to depend on her genes and the conditioning you are doing. As long as you are feeding an appropriate amount, its not going to have much effect on her build.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
how expensive can a all raw diet be though ive never looked into it i dont know if i can afford that? if i can afford to buy a 50dollar bag of blue buffalo can a month can i afford a raw diet i just have one dog
go for the BB wilderness if you had issues with the regular BB one. My pup has been on the wilderness about a month and has had a lot of good changes in his belly, smells and poops.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
depends on the prices there , here yes we have a great butcher and get meat pretty cheap. look into it there are threads on raw diet { its more then just 1 type of meat its organs and bones and differnt meats ect theres a bit that goes into it} and then check your butchers see what they run , $50 a month is kinda tight though i know we are under $100 per dog here but might be a bit more then $50.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also suggest doing research on raw before jumping into it. It's easy once you get the hang of it, but you do need to have a game plan before just jumping in. Finding a supplier and a chest freezer is going to be the hardest part. I can't tell you how much its going to be since I don't know what your supplier will be charging.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you guys for all your help also might as well not make a new thread just quick question my girl is a 1 half yrs old shes only 50lbs is she gonna get any bigger am i wasting my time trying i mean if her genetics are the reason then i might as well stick to pedigree dry food lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
shes had mange and skin infections allergic to flees but i got that all fixed could that be a reason for her not really growing that much?

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
even if thats as big as she will get id stillfeed a better food, you get what you pay for. Her coat and skin will be effected with what you feed. At a year and half she may still fill out a bit she prob wont get alot heavier but will still fill out and mature. Exercise and diet play a big role along with genetics . You can have nice definition in any dog if worked out and fed well. You arent always guaranteed to have that body builder body on them thats genetics. I can tell you i can see a difference in my dogs who we feed raw vs kibble, and just yesterday switched all my dogs to raw so hopefully will see change in the rest of them now as well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i dont want a monster i just want a nice well defined 65lb maybe 70lb at most dog but yea im gonna look into raw diet probley just gonna feed her blue for now on thanks for all the help

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Until you've reserached (not over a period of days or weeks either but for months) feeding an all RAW diet then please do not feed one to your dog.
Excellent dog foods, in my opinion:

NON GRAIN FOODS
* Orijen
* ZiWi Peak
* Taste of the Wild
* Evo
* Blue Buffalo Wilderness

Good dog foods:

NO CORN - WHEAT - SOY FOODS
* Blue Buffalo
* Diamond Naturals
* VerUs

·
Registered
9 Posts
i dont want a monster i just want a nice well defined 65lb maybe 70lb at most dog but yea im gonna look into raw diet probley just gonna feed her blue for now on thanks for all the help
How much did her dam and sire weigh? Genetics is genetics. My am bully is 50 lbs at full grown. I started her on raw and she got leaner, but otherwise looks the same. A good food will keep your dog healthy but it's not going to magically build muscle.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
I've fed raw since the 80s and 90s and also used frozen bil jac.. ITs THE BEST when used right, especially for the price.. PLUS its made in Oklahoma. Also where Shopping carts originated and still made as well as wire bred ties. Bil Jac Frozen used in the right portions along with raw now called B.A.R.F. LOL everything these days is all about a logo a trademark, MONEY.. :flush:

The best food is what is best for your pet and your pocket. THE BEST DOG FOOD is RAW if you have to buy food go to a butcher or use biljac frozen .. look at all the natural ingrediants combined your getting .. Lamb, fish, the list goes on and on. PLUS REAL HIGH END protein is over rated and hard on your pet overall if not the lifestyle to burn it off.

I've used frozen biljac for years.. Its so good Idaho will not allow it in the state because it WILL BRING IN BEARS ... Its good good food..

I used tennis ball portions, one: twice a day for each dog .. with treats of the golf ball sized through out the day. .. for 45lbs dogs.

Now I used elk, venison, and predators like coyote and bear. I think I keep some lamb/vegeable purina in a dry storage tub just incase I need someone other than me to feed the dogs for school or work or out of town reasons. Not everyone wants to be educated in the fact that eating red meat raw does not make a dog blood thirsty. IF A DOG KILLS something and eats it; well thats what it goes out to kill and eventually will go after other critters.

I swear by bil jac frozen; I was gonna order a pallet and they couldnt deliver to Idaho for fish and game reasons. I asked a CO and the most likely answer would be it attracts bears and we already have urban bears and badgers and things. LOL

BEST of Luck in what ever food works best for you and your pet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts