Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bf and I had a day off together for the first time in a long time, so we packed up Odyssey and headed to our favorite place; Boca Grande. Such a beautiful area and very limited dog traffic. I tried to narrow 'em down the best I could but I have a terrible habit of indecision... LOL so hope they're not too redundant and enjoy!! :)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Is that a dolphin in the water!? That's awesome. Best thing we see here are harbor seals close to shore. Beautiful pics! Beautiful dog! I'm dying to take my girl to the beach but there are just to many loose dogs. Hopefully some early morning I can sneak her there to have her first ocean experience ;)

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
WOW, I cant even look at these im bundled under a blanket watching it rain here :( Your really not cool for this 1. Beautiful pics though. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,586 Posts
Ahh the gulf waters. 2 more months and Ecko and I will be at Ft Desoto soaking up some rays too!!
they are opening a dog friendly beach here, it will be leash only, so I'm excited to check it out. Ecko does OK around other dogs as long as they aren't all up in his business, so the leash beach should be perfect for him.
I'm so jealous of you gulfers being so close to dog beaches and no dog rules.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that a dolphin in the water!? That's awesome. Best thing we see here are harbor seals close to shore. Beautiful pics! Beautiful dog! I'm dying to take my girl to the beach but there are just to many loose dogs. Hopefully some early morning I can sneak her there to have her first ocean experience ;)
Yes, it is a dolphin! There was a pod of them working the shore. Another thing I love about Boca is its more "wild" than other "beaches". It is world reknown for fishing (biggest Tarpon tournaments are held there) and the world record hammerhead shark was caught right up the way from where we were. I always see something cool, whether its Ospreys tag teaming the shoals or something more sad like a massive washed up sea turtle. Never fails! Occasionally we'll see another dog on the beach, but all I have to do is have her sit and stay next to me until they pass. If you can get to take her out I bet she would love it, even if they don't like the water running in the sand is a good time too :).

WOW, I cant even look at these im bundled under a blanket watching it rain here :( Your really not cool for this 1. Beautiful pics though. :)
Aw, I'm sorry! That's okay because come summertime I'm going to be the one miserable :p hehe

GREAT PICS!!! your beach looks better then mine! haha
Lol!! Trust me I feel extremely lucky to live so close to where I do. I was born and grew up here but it never gets old going to Boca!

Ahh the gulf waters. 2 more months and Ecko and I will be at Ft Desoto soaking up some rays too!!
they are opening a dog friendly beach here, it will be leash only, so I'm excited to check it out. Ecko does OK around other dogs as long as they aren't all up in his business, so the leash beach should be perfect for him.
I'm so jealous of you gulfers being so close to dog beaches and no dog rules.
Fort DeSoto is my moms favorite :). You are a lucky person! When she goes camping there with my brother and his family they take their two retrievers so I know they must be dog friendly. Nobody really knows here that you can take your dogs to Boca... there is a state park on the island that everyone assumes to go to where dogs aren't allowed, but there are many public side streets where they are permitted. The ranger from the park told me this personally, and this is why I know to bring Odyssey there. I'm almost reluctant to tell TOO many people, because it would suck to have it overrun and eventually probably have a rule put in place against dogs. Boca Grande is located on Gasparilla Island and not only is it a much farther drive than the public beach, but there's a 5$ toll to go over the bridge. So its not as heavily populated which helps a lot.

Thanks so much to everyone for the kind words. I love this dog to pieces and she never ceases to amaze. <3

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Great photos pretty dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts