Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just love this program. There's so much more to learn but I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'd like to get where I can make banners and such. Here's a pic of Deebo I transformed.

Here's the original pic

Here's the Photoshopped version

·
Registered
125 Posts
Unless he is using a very old (and slightly outdated) version of Photoshop, it will be CS/CS2/CS3/CS4. Its a fun program. I've been using it for about 4-5 years now. The possibilities are endless, literally.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I have Photoshop 5 I still use it for some projects so ya never know. :)
BTW though CS3 is probably my favorite version so far I use it for most of my contracts

CS4 is about $700.00
But of course there are always other way to get it...*cough*..got Limewire?

·
RateMyPitbull.com Moderator
4,389 Posts
I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop and I hate it. It's too dang complicated.

I love Dreamweaver, though.

Any of you guys any good with Flash? I'd love to put some flash video in a website I'm making.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop and I hate it. It's too dang complicated.

I love Dreamweaver, though.

Any of you guys any good with Flash? I'd love to put some flash video in a website I'm making.
Try Paintshop Pro...sort alike Adobe only much more user friendly. Photoshop is sorta geared towards Graphic Designers and people who already know what they are doing lol Paintshop usually comes with a flash maker too :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not sure how old it is. My wife bought it and installed it sometime last year. It's called Photoshop Elements 6. I'm not sure what it cost but it wasn't nowhere near $700. She also bought a website building program that I've been toying around with....it's a user friendly (just what I need) program...lol. Hopefully by summer, I'll have a decent website up and running.

I slept through computer classes in high school, as I hated them then. I was always raging against the machine, so to speak in those days...lol. I just started learning a few things about them this past year, thanks to my wife.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
that looks cool, i wish i had time to play around on the comp with pics..i see yall make some really cool 're-do' pics.
can't wait to see more MAD!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm still using PS 7, lol. Works fine though. I've learned alot through playing, plus there are tutorials for things everywhere. Let me see how many of these I've saved (pics coming)

Heres a few old pics I made for various online games and social sites.

A MySpace banner I used to leave unique comments.

Protection banners for an online turn-based game.

I threw so many away!!!!!! OMG...I feel bad now.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's an easy program, IMO. The hardest part is cropping and cleaning up. The rest is gravy. That literally took only 30 minutes to do. I need to get some better action shots in the future to work with, That picture was kinda blurry so I just added a static effect to compensate. I can't wait til spring and training season, I'll be getting some better shots then. It's like 17 degrees here and I'm not feeling the whole picture taking these days...lol.

·
4,389 Posts
Try Paintshop Pro...sort alike Adobe only much more user friendly. Photoshop is sorta geared towards Graphic Designers and people who already know what they are doing lol Paintshop usually comes with a flash maker too :)
I just don't have any patience. :hammer:

·
4,389 Posts
It's an easy program, IMO. The hardest part is cropping and cleaning up. The rest is gravy. That literally took only 30 minutes to do. I need to get some better action shots in the future to work with, That picture was kinda blurry so I just added a static effect to compensate. I can't wait til spring and training season, I'll be getting some better shots then. It's like 17 degrees here and I'm not feeling the whole picture taking these days...lol.
You seem to be doing really good with it. It just wasn't what I expected at all. I was expecting something a little easier.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have Photoshop 5 I still use it for some projects so ya never know. :)
BTW though CS3 is probably my favorite version so far I use it for most of my contracts

CS4 is about $700.00
But of course there are always other way to get it...*cough*..got Limewire?
Torrents > Limewire/Sharing programs :)

I used 7.0 over CS/CS2 for quite some time. Upgraded to CS3 and a week later CS4 was released. I'll post up a few little things I made in the past when I get back. Its 5pm, aka time to play ball with Zeus, lol

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
I have photoshop cs3 extended on my macbook pro I dib and dab with it. Cool program if you do alot of graphic design work and what not. It's very complex but if you know what your doing you could do anything under the sun with it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts