Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There hasn't been a thread on 'em in quite a while.. so let's throw up those Gaff-bred dogs! :)

Indie's heavy Gaff top and bottom.. here's her ped:
[email protected] & the Online Pedigree Database (tm)

I love what Gaff dogs were, and a lot of the old Gaff blood, though Gaff Kennels is producing too bulky nowadays, IMHO. 'course, Indie sure didn't take after the bulky side. :)

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Gaff is now bully. I have a friend that just did a breeding with them and he's a bully kennel. I had a chance to own one from that breeding bit its not the right time in my life.
The gaff bloodline is definitely not what it used to he to say the least.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen very bully Gaff dogs... but there are still a lot that are still very pitter-staff like Indie. :)

Reactions: Firehazard

·
Registered
776 Posts
our dogs ar a good amount of generations out of gaff kennels themselves but the various breeders have kept using the old gaff staff blood.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Dre Dogg is about 30% Gaff blood.. 70% RE

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
The Classic Bully is a so called "pitterstaff" .. whats funny is that gaff was already what got labeled "bully or classic bully" .. it was only natural for it to fade away into the Bully world or be preserved along the bully lines.. HOWEVER they used to be strong, smart, top notch working dogs..more so than any bully I've seen .. .. .. Some of the best high end AmStaff type dogs..

Once again when breeding for looks~ When breeding for purpose~

Well we can all see clearly each and every line that was a working strain being shown and now is a show strain being show bred, and what it was and what it is.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
I very much love the Gaff dogs! Many are over sized however they still have brains and drive. I have always been a fan of the gaff dogs myself.

Scorch is Heavy Gaff. I don't have his pedigree online anymore but he is out of
CH Tazmanias Gaffs Lil'Bow Wow and Strick's Wild Angel of Braveheart who is a 1/2 Gaff 1/2 Nevada bitch. She is from Gaff's Strick's Smokin Gun and Kisme & Strick's Patutie Cutie who is a Nevada/Sierra dog.

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scorch is a nice looking dog! :) Def can see the gaff in his head.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Scorch is nice.

The old Gaff is a lot different (and nicer imo) than the current stuff!

The same goes for York.

It's really amazing the difference in what they now produce.

·
K9 Pshrynk & Conciliare~
6,363 Posts
Scorch is nice.

The same goes for York.

:thumbsup: totally agree...

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Guess I'll throw up pics of Indie. :)
CA URO1 UNJ UWP GRCH'pr'Jhnsns Lil Miss Independence, CGC

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Gaff is now bully. I have a friend that just did a breeding with them and he's a bully kennel. I had a chance to own one from that breeding bit its not the right time in my life.
The gaff bloodline is definitely not what it used to he to say the least.
Gaff is NOT Bully. While many bully dogs have Gaff somewhere back int the pedigree, Gaff has always been an AKC/UKC show kennel. Pam Carter still breeds and shows AKC and has had the top winning AKC dogs for several years with her newer stuff.

I, myself, founded my kennel with a dog from her older line, and I show AKC. One of my top-winning AKC dogs is doubled-back on Gaff. He is not Bully at all. I actually just did a breeding with one of the last living/breeding sons of CH. Gaff's Limited Edition (crossed back on grandchild of my Gaff dog, who was also an Eddie son) and they will be shown AKC.

A dog with Gaff "somewhere" in the pedigree does not a Gaff dog make. I have direct-from-Gaff blood and it is not bully at all...

And please keep in mind, when looking at Bullys, that most of them that are really bully are actually cross-breds that have had the papers hung to keep them registered. So what you are seeing is not actually what is on the papers...

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Scorch is nice.

The same goes for York.

The reason why Newer Gaff dogs (at Gaff) are different is because after CH. Gaff's Limited Edition was neutered due to prostate problems, Pam Carter started using different bloodlines and actually went into business with Benmar Kennels and co-breeding with them. The old Gaff stuff (pure) is hard to find.

Only a handful of people, myself included, have the original Gaff blood left in their kennels...

·
Registered
776 Posts
The reason why Newer Gaff dogs (at Gaff) are different is because after CH. Gaff's Limited Edition was neutered due to prostate problems, Pam Carter started using different bloodlines and actually went into business with Benmar Kennels and co-breeding with them. The old Gaff stuff (pure) is hard to find.

Only a handful of people, myself included, have the original Gaff blood left in their kennels...
both indie and i have dogs with old gaff stock in the blood. limited edition being in there a good amount .

·
h2o APBTs
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dogs Pam now produces are bullier, bulkier, and not to my taste. The RE/Gaff dogs that are all bully.. well, I've heard many a time that a lot of the am bully breeders use Gaff to try and 'clean up' the dogs. Not Pam Carter's fault.. but it gets everyone confused as to whether or not Gaff is a bully line. The vast majority of dogs with Gaff near the front of the ped (that I have seen) carry those Gaff heads with them for a couple gens at least, and for the most part, aren't overdone.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Gaff dogs bred by Pam Carter are just as much today what they were 12 years ago. If your preference or priorities include: temperament, solid bone structure, and an amazing head, then you will appreciate a true Gaff dog.

Gaff's Cedarbar Like A Mack Truck "Mack" was bred by Pam last spring/summer and is a very well put together dog with a great head piece. Mack would fit right in with the Gaff dogs from more than a decade ago. And while Mack has a large presence about him that is now called Bully by some, he is nothing compared to Simba.

Pam definitely has other interests in different breeds and registries, but her AKC/UKC dogs remain consistent with her vision of what the Amstaff/APBT should be.

...From a loyal fan and owner of a Gaff bred dog

·
Registered
84 Posts
I very much love the Gaff dogs! Many are over sized however they still have brains and drive. I have always been a fan of the gaff dogs myself.

Scorch is Heavy Gaff. I don't have his pedigree online anymore but he is out of
CH Tazmanias Gaffs Lil'Bow Wow and Strick's Wild Angel of Braveheart who is a 1/2 Gaff 1/2 Nevada bitch. She is from Gaff's Strick's Smokin Gun and Kisme & Strick's Patutie Cutie who is a Nevada/Sierra dog.

WOAH!

Now that's a dog, very very well put together dog, I would like to see the ped on that.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
The site I use closed down, but while looking for his parents peds I found that Bully Pedia was so kind to steal my photo, ped, information on him and post my pedigree on their site....He is not an American Bully, but eh whatever lol

BullyPedia|The American Bully Online Pedigree Database

·
Registered
84 Posts
The site I use closed down, but while looking for his parents peds I found that Bully Pedia was so kind to steal my photo, ped, information on him and post my pedigree on their site....He is not an American Bully, but eh whatever lol

BullyPedia|The American Bully Online Pedigree Database
WOW. Look at that pedigree. Every single one of his ancestors were just beautiful.

If I ever look for another dog, I am going to get a Gaff pitbull.

Also looks like he got his coat from his momma. This is dog breeding done right.

edit: breeder http://www.carolinastylekennels.com/index1.html I want one now :/

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
The dogs Pam now produces are bullier, bulkier, and not to my taste. The RE/Gaff dogs that are all bully.. well, I've heard many a time that a lot of the am bully breeders use Gaff to try and 'clean up' the dogs. Not Pam Carter's fault.. but it gets everyone confused as to whether or not Gaff is a bully line. The vast majority of dogs with Gaff near the front of the ped (that I have seen) carry those Gaff heads with them for a couple gens at least, and for the most part, aren't overdone.
You must not have ever seen Pam's last #1 dog, "GRCH Gaff's I'm here for the Party".... There is absolutely nothing bully or overdone about that bitch.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts