Go Pitbull Forums banner

gaining weight..

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MISTA71 
#1 ·
snoop has lost some "major" wieght he was 67lbs then he got hurt (his foot) then this past weekend we brought him to the vet for a follow up and he weighed 51lbs!!!! i talked to some people and the said fry some ground beef up then boil it to get the grease out, it will look sick but they will love it. they said this should put some wieght on him but i dont wanna put the wrong wieght on him. b4 he was all mucsle i dont want him to be all fat... what should i give him to biuld is mucsel back?
**dont get me wrong i dont want him to be roided up i would just like him to gain some health weight.

#3 ·
i would have to agree on the puppy food idea. matbe you could find an adult food though that helps gain weight or helps stabalize it

#4 ·
blondie03044 said:
snoop has lost some "major" wieght he was 67lbs then he got hurt (his foot) then this past weekend we brought him to the vet for a follow up and he weighed 51lbs!!!! i talked to some people and the said fry some ground beef up then boil it to get the grease out, it will look sick but they will love it. they said this should put some wieght on him but i dont wanna put the wrong wieght on him. b4 he was all mucsle i dont want him to be all fat... what should i give him to biuld is mucsel back?
**dont get me wrong i dont want him to be roided up i would just like him to gain some health weight.
What are you feeding your dog now?
Why did the dog start to loose weight?
Why is the dog loosing weight in the first place?
Has the dog been de-wormed?
How much do you work the dog out?

This will help me on what to give you advice on...

Deb

#5 ·
What are you feeding your dog now?
purina 1
Why did the dog start to loose weight?
hey had a cone on for 3-4 weeks everytime he ate i would have to sit on the floor and hold the dish up to his face so he could get at it
Why is the dog loosing weight in the first place?
im guessing cuz the cone ans the meds he was on
Has the dog been de-wormed?
not sure i would have to aks my bf its more "his" dog
How much do you work the dog out?
not much i cant work him like i do karma, my bf doesnt even take him on walks and hes kinda big da problem so if i take him any where i have to becareful and it tends to be a huge hasel.

#6 ·
I wouldn't start anything you don't intend to keep up. Most of the time adding hamburger or "people food" to a dogs diet can make it hard to switch back to reg dog food once you've reach your goal. Some dogs won't have a problem switching back but most of them will. They get a taste of the good stuff then look at you crazy when you sit a bowl of plain kibble down. Then he'll loose his weight all over again waiting on you to ad some of the good stuff.
Try feeding him a kibble that his high in fat like a 30/20 feed, those are usually labeled "high performance". Just feed him a little more than you normally would. You don't want him to pick up too much too fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.