Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you had a dog with gall bladder problems. I think this is what is wrong with Chalice. On Thursday she vomitted thin muscos blood. I went to the Health food store and got Dr Pitcairns book and started her on Calcium Ascorbate. I had the lady order me Phospherous and Belladonna and Nux all are suppose to help. She said I was doing the right thing with the boiled food. I hope it helps I love my little girl.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. She is so full of vim and viger but she doesn't gain weight and she pukes all the time. She did last night again. I have tried feeding her a snack before bed that doesn't seem to be helping either. Maybe once I get her other stuff should be the end of the week.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah the one vet did. The other vet said she would get over it if I gave her smaller helpings and yougurt. That did nothing. The rest of the vets around here are so expensive the office call and blood work alone would be about 125- 150 dollars I just don't have that kind of money right now. I went to the health food store where this lady has studied holistic diets since the 1960 she helped and said to call her anytime. She had to order me the other stuff the belladonna and nux and phospherous. As the ones I need are stronger than what she normally carries. I'm having trouble find a good qualitie bone meal that is in a smaller bag I really didn't want to buy 50# of it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
thats no good, I am very interested in hearing how that mix of stuff works for her... By the way how old is Chalice again?

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well her supplement came in yesterday and I gave her the Calcium Ascorbate and Nux this morning I had to work but my son said he did not see her vomit today she is either on her lead or in the house (she only runs loose when I'm home) I hope she doesn't vomit in the am.

Chalice is just a yr old. I bought Dr Pitcairn book and it has recieps and the doseages in there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It might go away, but I bought alot of pitbull books, and health books for dogs, I will read over and get back at you.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for being so positive but it isn't just going to go away. She takes her meds really good. When I got her the vet that she was left at said something about her being real sick. But he didn't say with what. I thought he ( the vet ) seemed a little senile. I'm going to call them this week and see if they have her records yet. They were on vacation when I remember this part of the conversation. I was so happy to get her that I only asked if she had any shots NO they didn't give her any so I took to a vet I could afford and got her started. She had them all plus rabies and kennel cough and she is spayed. She has always been real hot to the touch it is like a heating pad being wrapped around her. She over heats very quickly. It did mention this in the same chapter on liver disease. The Belladonna is suppose to help that.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is she depressed, loss of appetite, votmiting, fever, and diarrhea. And is the stool yellow-orange, foul smelling, watery and sometimes bloody??? Get back at me. It might be Coronavirus ask your VET about that.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
She has her vaccination for corona virus. Most of the vets in my area do not want to vaccinate for it but I watched younge puppies die from it when I worked for the vet. She has DHLPP, CV, Kennel cough and rabies

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just an update Chalice has been on Phospherous, Belladonna, Nux and the Calcium Ascorbate for almost three weeks and she has NOT vomitted since she is also on a mainly raw diet. Chicken legs and wings raw veggies and cooked brown rice she also gets cottage cheese and organic yourgart. She has eaten some kibble with no vomitting from that either but I do not make a habit of her getting the dry food.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Judy. She hasn't put on any weight but then she has been doing a lot of swimming and fetch. I think she should put on a few pounds tho. It is such arelief not to have her puking every time that she eats. The supplements come in a a bottle of 250 pills so we will be doing this for some time.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,761 Posts
wow poor poor chalice! I wonder if that diet will work for me?! lol I know how painful gal stones are! The doctor told me that the only thing for me was to have surgery! ... I'll just keep with the throwing up for now!lol I'm so glad she's feeling better... If the gall stones for dogs is anything like they are for humans it is best for her to stay at a certain weight because I notice if I start to put on a pound or two it gets mighty angry! the boiled food is good i pretty much live off of that myself... it comes and goes for me (ill have an attack at night for 2wks straight) and then it will just stop and I will be fine. I hope it continues to be a good prognosis for chalice!

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The surgery isn't too bad I myself had my gall bladder out it had a stone the size of a small chicken egg in there. That is not what I had gone to the doctore for but I'm glad it is over a done with. If you are having a lot problems with puking you too can take the Nux. It is actually called Nux Vomica it comes in different strentghs Chalice is on a high dosage of 6x but the lady at the natural store said most only need to take 3x.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts