Go Pitbull Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
English Dogge Yard
3,440 Posts
Blues have always been thought of as Curs, the genetics associated with the dilute is something quite different.. I have personally seen a few blue stock Bulldogs that didn't amount to much in the field, very rarely do you hear of one coming forth to what was expected through ped.. Many disagree with these statements as "anything black can produce a blue" but proof is in the heavy amounts of puddin already laid out.

The color was never called "Blue" except recent years, however even then no matter what color you called it.. Culled in the oddity of being thrown, even rarer would you hear of one being proven such as Soga.. A dog many go back to upon this very topic, as it is the best example there is.. About the only example really.

There are some great "performance" stock Bulldogs that do exceptionally well in agility and other sporting type environments, very rarely do you hear of blue one coming along in the field (catch or strike) but when you do, the dog is usually not very consistent thus not worth the keep in my eyes.

Where the [] is still legal and done through the hands of gents, same ole story. Lots of heart but not the mind or the will needed.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
for this particular breed or for all canine world ???
This breed... American in general maybe lol... There are registries in other countries that seems to be all in and are about working stock not just what had signed papers, but a registry here is nothing more than a place you pay to keep track of your records you send them and let people hold organized events under their name. They ALL have dogs with hung papers, out of standard dogs, and their own little political issues.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Their really is not a way for a registry to prevent paper hanging. People breed some thing to a dog and send in paper work for two registered dog and sale them calling them what they are not. Their is Littleton registry can do. It is selfish back yard breeding, that has ruined things.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Blues have always been thought of as Curs, the genetics associated with the dilute is something quite different.. I have personally seen a few blue stock Bulldogs that didn't amount to much in the field, very rarely do you hear of one coming forth to what was expected through ped.. Many disagree with these statements as "anything black can produce a blue" but proof is in the heavy amounts of puddin already laid out.

The color was never called "Blue" except recent years, however even then no matter what color you called it.. Culled in the oddity of being thrown, even rarer would you hear of one being proven such as Soga.. A dog many go back to upon this very topic, as it is the best example there is.. About the only example really.

There are some great "performance" stock Bulldogs that do exceptionally well in agility and other sporting type environments, very rarely do you hear of blue one coming along in the field (catch or strike) but when you do, the dog is usually not very consistent thus not worth the keep in my eyes.

Where the [] is still legal and done through the hands of gents, same ole story. Lots of heart but not the mind or the will needed.
got ya ;)

but what about Blue and Tan did it exist ???

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts

It is true I have talked with a couple Dogmen that had blue or diluted dogs show up and they did cull them. The club in Mexico that had soga where not a traditional club they got dogs from american dogmen so did not cull the diluted dogs, I believe they had another blue female that won. I my self have never seen a blue dog with a true APBT ped but have seen blue catch dogs that were go for catch work. i am working one to see, it is the lack off drive for other dogs that makes him better prospect then my other dogs.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Skull was known to throw a blue dog every once in a while. It pops up from time to time.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It is true I have talked with a couple Dogmen that had blue or diluted dogs show up and they did cull them. The club in Mexico that had soga where not a traditional club they got dogs from american dogmen so did not cull the diluted dogs, I believe they had another blue female that won. I my self have never seen a blue dog with a true APBT ped but have seen blue catch dogs that were go for catch work. i am working one to see, it is the lack off drive for other dogs that makes him better prospect then my other dogs.
by cull you mean reject or kill ???

and of course their lack of DRIVE would make them a better catch dogs...

·
English Dogge Yard
3,440 Posts

This statement is actually false, the best catch dogs are not curs.. High end Bulldogs or Bandogs.. Traditional stock Dogos is exactly what i'm talking about.

Cur dogs can make good catch dogs, hell the BMC was created using Cur Bulldogs.. However if you want serious, bar non catch dog your best at going to private yards with traditional Bulldog stock.. (Bull Baiter type of animals) Particularly if you don't hunt with a collective group of hounds. Also depends on the type of game you are hunting.

·
Registered
870 Posts
yee that´s what I´m talking about... these new light grey (blue) cold (ungameness) where do they come from ??? and how come never heard of in the old days ???
The true Pit Dogs of the Blue variety came from Scotland, called the Blue Polls, or Pauls.
They were fierce gladiators in the [], and would fight to the death.
These dogs are now extinct, and I find little if any relation to them in today's dogs.
They were larger than today's ApBT.
There is very little regarding match reports, and I have not known of any dogmen to have them.
The last match I know of with a blue dog was in Oklahoma in 1936.
It was a match of a blue, Colorado Imp II vs Searcy's Jeff (an Old Family Red Nose) and Imp lost.
Since then the blues went the road of the show, and left the [] for good.
To this day the AKC AST crowd still fringes about the red dogs.

Whatever the blues may have been, those days are over now.
They are not match dogs. They are NOT game dogs.
This is a problem today, as many young kids think the blues are the real deal, when they are simply curs.
Cur is not an insult, except when referring to the ApBT breed.
Nobody wanted a cur dog, a two pump chump and ten minute box hopper.
As it is, I am one of those who will never call a blue dog an ApBT.

·
I'm the blue dragon!
4,563 Posts
The true Pit Dogs of the Blue variety came from Scotland, called the Blue Polls, or Pauls.
These dogs are now extinct, and I find little if any relation to them in today's dogs.
There is very little regarding match reports, and I have not known of any dogmen to have them.
It was a match of a blue, Colorado Imp II vs Searcy's Jeff (an Old Family Red Nose) and Imp lost.

This is a problem today, as many young kids think the blues are the real deal, when they are simply curs.
U know I have come to terms with the fact that u do know ur :poop: however I do want to ask.... how can u be so certain that there are NO blue dogs with game. I gotta poke for more clarification on this statement. How can u be certain that ALL blue dogs are cur? That's a mighty large statement to place on color alone... there's a few blue dogs that are part of GP today that I think don't deserve the cur name.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts

Yes cull means to eliminate the dog from your breeding stock.

I said l lack of drive for other dogs. It is hard to hog hunt when your dog would rather hit the bay dog then the pig. I have one other we tried he was good unless a different dog came into view. Needless to say you can't use a dog like the that.

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
I am...the Old Family Red Nose Registry. They will NEVER allow modern BS in it.
If it isn't traditional, forget about it....
How do you prevent paper hanging as a registry. How does on monitor that?

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
U know I have come to terms with the fact that u do know ur :poop: however I do want to ask.... how can u be so certain that there are NO blue dogs with game. I gotta poke for more clarification on this statement. How can u be certain that ALL blue dogs are cur? That's a mighty large statement to place on color alone... there's a few blue dogs that are part of GP today that I think don't deserve the cur name.
Cur means not game if a dog is not tested and not even of tested lines then it is cur, not APBT. My boy Dooney may end up being decent catch dog but he still is a not a true APBT. I don't know of any in the US, and the belon club dogs are very few that turned out.

I realize you were not asking me just my thoughts.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·

thanks... have you got any literature or records to support these statements ???

·
Registered
870 Posts
Call it my educated guess, lol.
Do the math...when zero is multiplied by any number, what is the answer? Always zero of course.
Apply that to dogs....why are AST's not considered ApBT's anymore?
Because they have not been matched. They are not designed for the [].
Now, if a dog, today is not an ApBT, we know it is a cur dog, a dog that will quit.
History is the witness to this.
Also, once gameness is lost, it is lost forever.
Many who started with good blood have ruined the same blood, in regards to it's original purpose.

But let us look back at the original definitions on these terms.
Gameness is not a trait that makes a dog a bad ass. Being strong and barnstorming does not equal gameness.
Gameness, in fact, is only something that can be seen when a dog is taking a whipping.
The whole world can tell that dog he is losing, but that dog won't believe the world. He will scratch until he can move no longer.
Cur is the word used for all non-ApBT's.
In relation to the ApBT breed, it is the biggest insult upon a dog.
The rest of the dog world fights out of fear, dominance, and jealousy...
But once the pressure is on, they whine and wimper and cry foul, LOL.

Also, most know the blues have poor health issues.
That alone would disqualify them as Pit Dogs.

If there are any out there, I have no clue who has em.
Never heard of a game blue dog, and most likely never will.

·
Registered
870 Posts
thanks... have you got any literature or records to support these statements ???
where can we get some Old Family Red Nose Registry pure subjects ???
There are many books out there....many old magazines.
Best is hearing it from those who were in the fraternity before the 1976 Animal Welfare Act.

I know of no breeders that will ship dogs out of the USA.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts