Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Looks like you got yourself a winner right there. Handsome boy. Really like him.

Just because I'm a nervous Nelly, is he beginning to knuckle in his front left a bit or is it just the picture itself.... and my less than 20/20 vision LOL? Absolutely not saying he is, just making sure.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
No problem, I am most likely wrong. Better safe than sorry, right? Glad you didn't take offense to this......it's no big deal besides. Once again, gorgeous pup. Looking forward to the little sucker's development.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem none taken at all! I appreciate your concern! And I'm looking forward to it also! Do you do weight pull with any of your dogs Saint Fran? I wanna get him into it I introduced him to a normal harness and leash and have been letting him drag the leash around back just wondering if you had any tips for starting a pup out

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Sorry my friend, I'm not much help in that department. There are some on here that will help you out. As far as introducing a pup into the wp world, I would think at his age that wp should be not much more than what you are doing...building confidence and acceptance at a fun, gentle pace. He's far too young for anything serious obviously, but someone should chime in and give the proper advice on what age, weight, equipment, tips, etc. to get your boy going. I like your plans for this pup!

·
Premium Member
11,012 Posts
Cute pup! Thanks for sharing.

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Hey! Here is a GREAT group on fb for weight pulling! You don't want to mess things up. I'd wait till he is maybe 4 months but either way you will have to buy several harnesses as he grows. :p but generally you let the pup wear the harness for like a week to just get him used to it. Then you attach milk jug with rocks in it for noise and let him drag that around the yard for a while till the noise no longer phases him. I started to get into wp but i am changing directions-- too much drama involved there, there is already enough in the show world as is! haha! so im am just focusing on the Top Dog event which incues drag racing (so the dog does need to be able to pull) treadmill race, wall climb...oh and tug of war. And of course lure coursing which mine love. Anyway, here is the link to the fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/jazzydog/ maybe the clubs around you are less dramatic ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.