Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am getting a 6 week old male Pitbull puppy next moth. I already have a 6 month old spayed female Pit. My question is, since he is going to be 6 weeks old will I have to worry about aggression from my female with treats, food, and toys.
I bought separate dog dishes and brought more toys. The Vet said to wait till he is 6 months old to get him neutered. Will he try that be soon enough so he wont try mounting my female? What is the best way to introduce them. The lady is going to bring him to my house next month...
Thanks for feedback

·
Kelevra
1,733 Posts
Welcome to GP!

The introduction should go smoothly, while yes there should be a pecking order created and the puppy will have to learn his place.
10 months is usually around the time the male might try to mount, some sooner, some later, but it shouldn't cause complete chaos. Boundaries tested, place given.
Having said that, 2 bulldogs in the same house can be a pain and a test of yourself more than the dogs. You never know whats up until it happens.

Time will tell you but if it gets too aggressive you have to be prepared for whatever outcome. Maybe another pup isn't the right choice, maybe it is, either way you have to ALWAYS be watchful of their relationship and aggression levels, as well as the possibility of separation when you are away, maybe even when youre there :)
Good luck

let us know if you have any other questions..

·
Registered
14 Posts
My first concern would be that the puppy is not yet old enough to leave its mother. You shouldn't be picking up the puppy until he is about eight weeks old. If you pick him up at six weeks old, he'll miss crucial developmental stages necessary for a sound and stable dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
My first concern would be that the puppy is not yet old enough to leave its mother. You shouldn't be picking up the puppy until he is about eight weeks old. If you pick him up at six weeks old, he'll miss crucial developmental stages necessary for a sound and stable dog.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Agreed. Is there a reason you're getting the puppy so young?

Also even if you dogs get along fine as they mature their tolerance could change. Please don't leave them alone unsupervised. Even if they seem like best friends.

Sent from Petguide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts