Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been working Dakota more this past week to get him ready for the Splash Dogs competition in Chico. Gave him the past few nights off from any hard work to save energy. Anyhow, thought I'd share the progress so far. :D

It's hard to get a picture that actually shows his muscles through his coat.
At the beginning

Middlish

Today: Sorry for the low quality, hard to take pictures and "work him" at the same time.

Most pictures looked like this:

Derpy face

Bouncing and barking

I waaaaant it

And a fun one of a muddy Alice

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Looking good girl! Love the shot of Alice too! Nice surprise mixed in there.

Quick question... does Dakota have an obsession with shadows? Roller does, with shadows and light reflections lol. I've managed to redirect him and calm him down, but he still watches intensely. Just thought I'd ask. Sorry to threadjack.

Reactions: Celestial88

·
Jr MEMBER
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!!

And it's fine, I don't mind going onto a different topic :) For Dakota it depends, I haven't noticed any light obsessions. But if he sees the shadow of a bug or bird on a path he'll start going "Oh my god! I want to chase it!". Which, because we do lure sports his prey drive has never been discouraged. Folks will walk by looking at him like he's a nutter trying to figure out what he's getting excited about. lol

·
Diggin' Deep
5,194 Posts
Hope it goes well! He looks like a very agile boy! :)

·
APBT!
9,594 Posts
Thank you!!

And it's fine, I don't mind going onto a different topic :) For Dakota it depends, I haven't noticed any light obsessions. But if he sees the shadow of a bug or bird on a path he'll start going "Oh my god! I want to chase it!". Which, because we do lure sports his prey drive has never been discouraged. Folks will walk by looking at him like he's a nutter trying to figure out what he's getting excited about. lol
Hmm... must be something in their little minds that makes them do that... I made a make-shift flirt pole a couple weeks ago, and he showed no interest in it, but he'll chase the shadow of a foot ball or frisbee all day long! He won't retrieve though, with the exception of one of my daughters (my oldest, 9 yrs old). She found a nerf football on the baseball field at school and threw it, and he actually went and got it and came back to her when she called him. He didn't want to let it go, but when he did, she threw it again, and he retrieved it again lol. That's it though. He won't "fetch" for anyone else.

Best of luck this weekend. Can't wait to see the results!

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Looks great! love Alilce's picture too. how did Dakota do???!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts