Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every once in a while javier will get spooked of random stuff. Might be a stuffed animal, lamp, or anything like that. It will effect him for like 30 minutes and then it is gone. When it happens he is just very cautious of whatever it is at the time. He does not show any aggression towards the object. Just will slowly go towards it sniffing. And if he hears anything or i decided to hit the ground(just to mess with him LOL) he will jump back away from the object. I have never had this in a dog before. Anyone else's pit do this or is this just a personality thing. It is nothing that i am worried about since there is no aggression in this. Just curious if anyone has experienced this?

Ira

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Lol. There is are big bear statues at a park I walk my dogs in and they always freak when they see it lol. They try to sneak up behind and sniff it lol. You would think they thier sence of smell would tell them its not alive lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
yeah roxy does that same thing but she has always been the wierd one but shes still a great dog.

·
Registered
71 Posts
"Issues"???

OMG, as I was reading this, Moose totally did it with the curtains...

Is it a breed thing? He does it ALL the time.

We say it is his "Issues" to friends, as it happens frequently with any object that moves or makes a funny noise:
freshly opened soda with ice
osculating fans
blow driers
vacuums (on or not)
washing machine
musical stuffed animals
Animal Planet
He will also watch an entire football game on tv and chase the ball into the next room...

Does anyone else's dogs chase their tails obsessively while in uncomfortably tight spaces?? Moose will do it in the bathroom or a crowded kitchen.
I caught Tessa doing this the other day, I just wonder if she saw Moose doing it first... I wonder if it is the start of her "Issues!"

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Well I was going to tell you to have his eyes checked but since so many of you have dogs that act this way maybe his eyes are fine. I have only one dog like this and she had lots of eye trouble as a pup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, cool so me or my dog is not crazy. I have never had a dog do this. Just though it was odd. Glad that it is just not my Javier. lol.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep my girl Mags has those "issues" too.Usually with things that are out of place or weren't there before.

An example...
While the OH was on the bed reading some paperwork he left one of those big paperclips on the bed.Mags caught a glimpse of it and was absolutely petrified.She started growling and barking at it and inched closer to have a sniff.Everytime she went for a sniff I would tap it towards her and she would freak out and jump back LOL poor girl.Im such a bitch sometimes:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts