Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok.. so my dog will not let go of her ball when i try and take it... i've tried everything... its really annoying when playing w/ her flirt pole.. i want her to get it, but i dont because its such a pain getting it back from her... my male drops it no problem, but her... no way.. its hers and she doesnt wanna give it up.. lol.. any ideas of how to teach her to drop it..??

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Eh repetition and some treats is what worked for me. Other than that, I would suggest teaching her to drop other items other than what she isn't wanting to let go of. Maybe other toys or just random objects.

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its anything that she gets in her mouth, unless she knows shes not supposed to have it.. then she'll drop it before i can finish saying drop it..

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guess no help really..

·
Medal polisher for kg420
3,056 Posts
LIke use to toys...if she has aball..then grabanother ball and paly with it..that will help I've tried it

·
Registered
122 Posts
i would like to know too i tried treats but then he only goes for the treats like if i throw the ball he wont even bother he just sits n stays for the treats

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have been doing the whole lip curl thing i guess you call it and say mine with Kambo. So far so good. I can now say mine and she drops it most of the time.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
Toy trade out. Offer something she considers better for the item she won't give up. High value treats or another higher value toy. :)

·
yea, i'm that guy
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great suggestions... will try what i havent already..

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
You can trade the toy for treats or teach a formal out using compulsion. Out your dog on leash and use a prong or slip collar and say "out" or what ever you use and follow it by a hard jerk or pop on the correction collar. Most dogs will drop it when you do that and you just need repetition till they learn to let go when you say.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts