Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's the story... Ran the dogs the other day on icy snow because they had been goin stir crazy in the house. Been a long time since they got a decent workout. Anyhow- after bout half hour when I figured it was time to quit I noticed both their feets were bleedin :( well finally found bag balm here in town, coated their feets in it, kenneled em n went to a movie. Got home and let them out potty before we went to bed and my Lacey girl starts screaming bloody murder. Settled down a second and then did it again. Now she is my tough girl- would run herself to death play fetch just to win- sk I know it's gotta be serious... Anyhow checked her entire body over twice for any kind of reaction and got nothin. Let em out potty. Lifted her onto my bed and she shook for a few minutes like she does when she's really excited and then she calmed down and went to bed. Well she's been fine all day. Haven't let her run around or play rough with George. Little bit ago I walked into the kitchen and heard that scream again. She jumped down off the couch to follow me. I noticed she isn't putting weight on her back right leg. Checked pads again and they're fine. Perfect range of motion without wincing. Joints all moving fine. I dunno. Takin her in Monday and restricting joint or rough play. Thinking maybe a warm bath with Epsom salts... Not sure what else to do. Probly lookin at xray Monday. Just prayin nothin serious needin surgery :( ugh.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She was walking and running fine 2 days ago and that was the last exercise they got. A little tender footed because or the abuse the pads took but that was it. Literally nothing strenous since. Guess that's why I'm so confused about it.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
I'm lost on this one Boo. I'm not really sure here. Could be a strain/sprain, or possibly a hair line fracture. Just keep her resting, and continue what you're doing til you can take her to the vet on Monday.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know it's just too bizarre... Started thinkin about it this morning n was leanin toward just a muscle cramp or somethin but hearing the same noise again and seeing her baby that leg or foot so many hours later it's gotta be something more. Ugh. My poor girl. :(

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any thoughts on Epsom salts or anything else that might help her relax???

·
Registered
100 Posts
This sounds stupid but my dog did that before .she cut her pad in the snow and then got a price of melting salt stuck in it and she let out a scream and I looked at it and pulled a cube of salt out of it and it was fine.but you said she was doing it in the house too so not sure.

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Boo, you can try a nice warm bath in some Epsom salt, and give her a good rub down while she's in the tub, see if there's any swelling or pressure when you touch that area of her leg/foot. If she shows any discomfort, check it more closely for any cuts/scrapes or splinters you might have missed. If you don't find anything, then I'd be willing to bet she pulled a muscle or sprained it or has a slight fracture. I'd be really surprised if you updated this Monday and I was wrong, although I hope for your and Lacey's sake that I am wrong.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Did you check really good in between the pads. She might have a cut if she was running on icy snow. I think if you just give her a good massage instead of a bath it would be just as helpful.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
literally have checked her entire body over 3 times and double and triple checked all the pads. ugh. i'm so lost here. george decided to try to lay close to her just now and in trying to get comfortable again she started screamin again. got her little crate out and got her wrapped up. roomy is bringin home epsom salts so gonna try that in a bit... thought about aspirin but i don't have any here thats not EC so... i dunno. i just feel so bad for my girl. knowing that its not really an emergency i think we're gonna hold tight til monday but still... ugh.

p.s. did massages on her back and legs early this morning when it started and again a few times during the day... nothing is swollen or especially tender she just won't put weight on that leg... i need the collars from Up...

·
APBT!
9,589 Posts
Yeah, the collars from UP were awesome! Wonder if those could really be made in the real world, lol! Good luck with the bath and massage. I hope Lacey gets to feeling better soon. HUGS to her and you and George!

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
pads aren't tender at all and I coated em in bag balm last night before I kenneled em and she didn't whine or anything while I was manhandlin em lol. It's just strange. She hasn't been walking anywhere that salt had been spread. They literally are either supervised or kenneled. I'm stumped. She's wrapped up like a burrito in her little kennel now... Guess I'm sleeping in the livingroom tonigt cuz I'm not movin her again. That scream literally is like nails on a chalk board. Omg.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh no Boo, I am sorry to hear this, Phoenix just did this to me, and it was a swollen prostate, as Lacey is a girl, I am sure that is not the case, if she is not putting weight on it, just as Bev said could be a sprain or soemthing, I am hoping it is nothing serious, you can give her buffered asprin to help with the pain and some epsom salt baths. Let us know how things go tomorrow at the vet. Hugs

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well gave her a salt bath last night n put her in her little kennel broke down with the door up so I can still pick her up n put her back if I need to. She stayed still ne t fo me most of the night exept turning around to face me... Woke up this morning
moved the door got ready to pick her up and she did it on her own, walked outside and went potty and such putting partial weight on that leg and came back to the stairs waiting for me to carry her in lol. She ate breakfast just fine, standing up as opposed to last night layin on the floor... Seems she's feelin better and tryin to push herself which I would expect from her. I think another bath tonight and she stays crated all day and we may be back in business :) :) :) high hopes...

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
She must have pulled a muscle. I think crate rest is the best thing for her. Glad to hear that she has improved. Please keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
I would bet a sprained ligament somewhere. She just tweaks it funny on different moves. They can take so much discomfort that they are hard to diagnose. I've had this situation a few times over the years and it goes away with rest.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts