Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Little brag. I'm a very pleased mom. We (me and the girls from TX and my mom from STL) were at the Tulsa obedience/rally trial last weekend, hanging out with Rudy and his family and seeing what we could accomplish. I wasn't expecting a whole heck of a lot because its been so ungodly hot here that I've barely been doing any work with my dogs. And Terra has been doing so much ADBA that I didn't really know where her obedience was at. But the little squirts did me so proud.

Terra - all 3 qualifying legs on her URO1 (rally obedience level 1). Her scores were 96, 98 and 97. I could not have asked for better from her. Crooked sits and imperfect positioning, I can deal with that stuff. The attention she gave me was really great. I'm super proud of her. That makes her ADBA CH UWP URO1 Gravity's Digital Rain Matrix CGC SDC1.

Loki - She farted around in Saturday's Open A trial and tried to walk the broad jump. Then she came back Sunday and qualified in both trials! We lost points here, there, everywhere, but the point is that she qualified. She even got placements (and not just token placements because there were only so many qualifiers, LOL). She took a 2nd and a 1st! Her 3 scores for this title were 189 (at the trial last year), 185.5 and 184.5. That makes her UCDX UAG1 UWPCH URO1 'PR' Matrix's I Defy Gravity CGC TT WDS. If she gets her Rally 2 title and her agility 2 title (both of which she is fully capable of), then all her titles will be progression titles. She's listed on the UKC site as an "Ultradog." If she gets a URO2 and UAG2, then I may have to make her unofficially an "Ultradog 2." LOL!

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Congrats to you and the girls! Those are some long names lol

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Little brag. I'm a very pleased mom. We (me and the girls from TX and my mom from STL) were at the Tulsa obedience/rally trial last weekend, hanging out with Rudy and his family and seeing what we could accomplish. I wasn't expecting a whole heck of a lot because its been so ungodly hot here that I've barely been doing any work with my dogs. And Terra has been doing so much ADBA that I didn't really know where her obedience was at. But the little squirts did me so proud.

Terra - all 3 qualifying legs on her URO1 (rally obedience level 1). Her scores were 96, 98 and 97. I could not have asked for better from her. Crooked sits and imperfect positioning, I can deal with that stuff. The attention she gave me was really great. I'm super proud of her. That makes her ADBA CH UWP URO1 Gravity's Digital Rain Matrix CGC SDC1.

Loki - She farted around in Saturday's Open A trial and tried to walk the broad jump. Then she came back Sunday and qualified in both trials! We lost points here, there, everywhere, but the point is that she qualified. She even got placements (and not just token placements because there were only so many qualifiers, LOL). She took a 2nd and a 1st! Her 3 scores for this title were 189 (at the trial last year), 185.5 and 184.5. That makes her UCDX UAG1 UWPCH URO1 'PR' Matrix's I Defy Gravity CGC TT WDS. If she gets her Rally 2 title and her agility 2 title (both of which she is fully capable of), then all her titles will be progression titles. She's listed on the UKC site as an "Ultradog." If she gets a URO2 and UAG2, then I may have to make her unofficially an "Ultradog 2." LOL!

Some pics below and more to follow. :)
That is awesome!! especially the progression it is one thing to flunk your way through entry level titles but another thing to cross train well to get the open levels in everything. Congrats on the titles i know how much work goes into them. Are you going to try Utility?
We are working on our Utility exercises so we can get ready for next year. I really wish we had more UKC around here so I could finish some titles up.

BTW our UKC club is doing 2 Obedience an 2 rally shows on November 19th and 20th

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lisa, I had thought about trying Utility, but we stressed a lot to get this last title, and I'm just not sure how far I want to push her anymore. She's starting to get grey hair on her muzzle. LOL! I know she likes agility and that RO isn't too stressful for her, so those are things I could forsee doing, ya know? Time to stress little Terra out instead. And that's a great idea doing two RO trials with your club. I always wondered why there was only 1, and thought you'd get a better turnout the other way. Better still if you can pull off 3, then people would be drawn by the possibility of finishing a title in one weekend. ;)

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Just a few more pics. I told Loki I'd take her swimming if she qualified. :roll:

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Great job Lindsay we had a blast. Glad the girls did great.

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Lindsay this is awesome news, congrats on all the qualifications and titales earned. Terra is a doll and one day I will get to meet Loki as well. More titles to add to the name, :p Hugs

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Obedience dogs are amazing, I never knew how difficult it is until I saw a competition in person. Congrats on your achievements, your dogs look amazing ! :)

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Obedience dogs are amazing, I never knew how difficult it is until I saw a competition in person. Congrats on your achievements, your dogs look amazing ! :)
People do not know how hard it is unless they have trained a dog themselves and competed or seen it in person. It takes work to get good scores and then to compete at the higher levels than novice take work!

Again congrats to you Lindsay and the dogs.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
People do not know how hard it is unless they have trained a dog themselves and competed or seen it in person. It takes work to get good scores and then to compete at the higher levels than novice take work!

Again congrats to you Lindsay and the dogs.
I think every dog should have a solid foundation, competition takes it way further but I love to see this :)

Just like I said it is very hard to do and changes your mind when you see it in action in front of you.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jimmy, Loki can't Superdog. She's spayed, so she can't get the CH title. And UKC has chosen not to honor Altered CH towards Superdog.

David, its true that people don't think that much of obedience titles. I think its because OB is not as flashy, fun or competitive as stuff like weight pull, dock diving, conformation, etc. OB/RO are really understated, and usually only the people who are doing those events understand just how challenging they can be. Looking at the class we were entered in, there are probably a dozen places where your dog can make a mistake and non-qualify. They can do everything right except for one thing, and that one thing will be enough to make you take the walk of shame. LOL!

Thanks again you guys and girls.

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Congrats!!

I've been thinking about UltraDog for Kane, but I'm still tossing it around a bit.

What do you mean by "progressive titles"?

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Progression titles like... Okay, say you get the UWP (united weight puller) title. That's a basic title. If you get the UWPCH (united weight pull champion) title, it replaces the UWP in your dog's name. So while you got another title, it still only looks like one. But its a progression title. Kind of like how GRCH (grand show champion) replaces CH (champion). URO2 (united rally obedience 2) replaces URO1. UCDX replaces UCD. And so on. Basically, I'm referring to higher-level titles than just the entry-level stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Sweet! Awesome work, Lindsay!

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Jimmy, Loki can't Superdog. She's spayed, so she can't get the CH title. And UKC has chosen not to honor Altered CH towards Superdog.
Thats just too bad. I have all confidence in her having what it takes to achieve super dog status. She deserves the shot

1 - 20 of 28 Posts