Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there was an add on CL today about a cute female pit bull. I e-mailed them asking for more info.
Turns out they are giving the dog away, because it bit their kid,and drew blood..

Why would you give that dog to someone else?! I e-mailed them and told them that they need to get this dog evaluated.

She told me the dog was fine before with her kids,but just went into her first heat.

That can make a dog cranky right? I'm thinking this might be a key factor in what happened.

Anyway,is there anymore advice you can give me so I can e-mail her better options?

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was kinda feeling that too. I mean,why would you give the dog to someone else?
When our border collie growing up bit a kid,we took him to the shelter ASAP. I'm pretty sure that he was pts,even though my dad told me he was going to be ok,and re-adopted.
Didn't want to let us kids know the truth. :/

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
i say no matter what, biting is not allowed. bite a kid, PTS.... not try to find it a new home. that's just ... i wouldn't do that to someone. what if they don't tell the next person it bit a kid and they bring it around kids and it hurts/kills them. then we have a bad situation on hand.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is exactly what i told them. I told them they should be seeking help for the dog,get it evaluated,not pawn it on someone else.

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
You could pick her up and bring her in yourself. It would probably end up better then trying to get them to do the right thing.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If she's set on giving this dog up,I just might. From everything she told me,I'm wondering why the dog bit her kids. She posted pics of the dog with her kids,and said how it loves children cats and other dogs,but just bit her kid for some reason.
She's leaving something out.

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Turns out it was a food aggression issue. The kid went after a ball that landed by the dog,who was eating,and the dog nipped at him.

They were also going to breed her. Just what we need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts