Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am heading to the vet in about an hour to have Bella's throat checked. I found a lump in her throat right where our adams apple would be :( I am a nervous wreck. Of course I made the mistake of googling "lump in puppies throat" and found the big "C" word, cancer which scares me to death. I hope it's just swollen glands, enlarged thyroid or a possible allergy that is causing it. She has been acting normal, eating, drinking, and being a puppy. I discovered the lump rubbing her throat as she was having a reverse sneezing fit which she has often. I hope it's not the worst case....please keep my girl in your prayers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Pleasseeeee keep us posted!
i lost my my lost dog to cancer and it was horrid.
he really didnt deserve to go out like that and still had some years to go.. he was only 8 or 9. Again please keep us posted and i will keep your dog in my prayers.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys! Bellla is only 9 months old :( I hope it is something minor. I am stressing out.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
please let us know how it goes. All fingers and paws are crossed for your girl. I hope its juts a bite or something. I am sure she is OK.

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone for the love :) The vet said everything feels normal but she does feel some excess cartilage around her thyroid. Anyways, she then called in another vet for a second opinion and she said the same thing. They told me with the muscular breeds you can feel more because things are more prominent. Both the vets that checked her out own pit bulls so that was nice to actually go to someone who is familiar with the bully breeds. They told me to keep and eye on it but not to worry. Maybe I over reacted but I would rather be safe than sorry :)

PK, I PM'd you back ;) No need to apologize for the late response. You do have a life with a baby and those darn dogs LOL!

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
oh thank goodness! I am glad it turned out OK for now and you can sleep easy tonight :)

Where is your vet? they are open late!!

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh thank goodness! I am glad it turned out OK for now and you can sleep easy tonight :)

Where is your vet? they are open late!!
Thanks Ames :) I go to the VCA hospital. They are opened until 8 pm but we walked out about 8:30.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Thanks Ames :) I go to the VCA hospital. They are opened until 8 pm but we walked out about 8:30.
nice OK cool, good to know. My vet a VCA as a back up, now I see why the hours are good, and probably not as expensive as angel...

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys for the concern :) if I didn't get her checked out knowing what I felt it would have just kept eating at me. Id rather pay the $65 exam fee and leave with a piece of mind than to pretend it doesn't exist.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
Thanks guys for the concern :) if I didn't get her checked out knowing what I felt it would have just kept eating at me. Id rather pay the $65 exam fee and leave with a piece of mind than to pretend it doesn't exist.
:goodpost: right!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts