Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ugh. Pretty irritated I HATE taking an animal to the vet since im used to treating at home. But im taking the new pup in. I think he's got a little coccidiea bacteria going on. Decreased appetite, diarrhea is getting worse.
Im not able to get albon at the feed store and I cant wait for shipping to order it.
Coccidiea is pretty common so I cant be too frustrated with the breeder and he's a good friend so I know how is dogs are kept and taken care of. I hate seeing this guy go from a chunky 25#'s to under 20#'s in a week.
So frustrated with how things are going with my dogs lately.

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
awww poor pup, hope he bounces back fast once its treated.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pisses me off I dont have anything at home. Now I have to pay for an exam and all this crap I dont need for him to prescribe an antibiotic. Looks like we'll be stocking up on supplies though lol
Thanks Angel, me too. We'll be going to the breeders house for a BBQ on the 8th, hopefully he'll add some weight so I dont get my butt chewed out lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
See if you can get free refills. We got a free refill from our vet since we have 2 dogs and it was likely they would both get it and need treatment... so we have an extra bottle for later on. Hopefully your vet will let you do that...

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For $96 dollars I will scream rape if I dont get a refill. Im definently stocking up on things i could need. Though I did get a discount from $135 down to $96 since I used to work there. And im 99% sure he doesn't have parvo since we did a snap test. Lol.
He's sleeping now =)

·
Work them Pet Bulls!
3,940 Posts
Hope the pup feels better soon Trev! I hope its nothing serious and he bounces back quick :)

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
Hope he is feeling better soon. I know what you mean tho about taking the dogs in I treat all of my guys here at home.

·
Forum Manager
4,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just a bunch of Cocci. hes already eating better and starting to be a lil piggy again.
stilllllll irritated about going to the vet lmao

·
SCRATCHIN
1,104 Posts
Good luck man! Hope the pupster gets better soon

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
glad it wasnt something like parvo , hope he is bouncing back fast enough for that BBQ on the weekend :) im sure they wont ream you out for that , you got him treated and doing what you can , stuff like this comes up. I guess you will be restocking soon huh? I find the time when im out of something is when I usually need it lol. I should go through my stuff soon and restock as well.

·
Premium Member
11,000 Posts
awwww no good! Hope it went ok if you went and your pup is getting better. I hate when they get sick. Glad its your pup this time and not your son again though lol, is he feeling better?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts