Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Conner has this fascinating gold fairy dust hue under good light.
Is this common in chocolates?
Tried to Google it, but no matter how I worded it, I just got stuff on Golden Retriever/Pitbull mixes... sigh.

Also, my other males were small dogs and after neutering, the sack shrunk up to nothing. Conner's is still a bit floppy... normal in larger dogs?

·
Administrator
4,794 Posts
If you look at an individual hair, you will see that there is more than one color in it. Sometimes there are layers of colors from base to tip. The sun reflects the lightest colors. My blue dog Ecko had a red sheen in the right lighting. Seal colored dogs do too.

Genetics. Some shrink down, some done. Ecko had quite the dangly for a pediatric neuter while Geach has almost none and was neutered at a year old.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. All the pics I've seen of the chocolates look pretty "flat", but yeah, depends on the light ...or Conner is special!!😁😜🥰
Someone I know has Border Collies and the vet told her the sack always stays floppy, which seemed weird to me.

·
Administrator
5,636 Posts
Hey BZOO. Of course, it's because Conner IS special. ;) I think a lot has to do with how much of the sack the vet trims and sews. My last male had almost no sack when he came home. When Ranger came home from being neutered, a couple months ago his sack looked completely intact, like the vet just removed the testicles. It has, in the last couple of months, shrunk though. He still has a bit of a sack, but it is shrinking in size. The same vet performed both surgeries.

·
Administrator
4,794 Posts
Also a lot of vets don't neuter like they do farm animals anymore. They go in just behind the shaft and remove them that way now instead of two slits and a pop. So the sack doesn't get cut at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts