Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was going on a walk today and saw a lady with a pit bull mix (maybe a bully not sure) and she was walking her dog off leash. The pit bull was walking about 6 feet away from the owner. Then a lady with a golden retriever walks by and the dog starts pulling toward the pit bull. The lady with the Golden looks terrified of the pit bull for it was off leash. As they walk by each other (the Golden is now pulling like crazy and barking) the pit bull just looks at the owner. The dogs are like 3 feet away from each other and the owner of the pit says in a quiet voice "sit". With the golden in his face, the pit bull sits and stares at the owner to await for his next command. You should have seen everyone's face. Hooray for well trained dog:woof:

Just a happy story to share
Sorry if the grammar sucks beyond reason, I'm not thinking very clearly, for I have a really bad headache. =)

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Why would anyone walk their dog off leash???? the owner of that dog should get slapped. If that Golden retriever managed to get to the pit dog and he got attacked it would be a total mess and as we allknow it would be the Pitbulls fault!!. I swear they should do IQ tests for potential owners before they are allowed to own an animal.

·
NO TROLL PASSIN
3,801 Posts
Glad the owner of the pit had control BUT an off leash dog of any breed is a NO NO ... doesn't matter how well trained they are you cannot assume what the other dog will do.
Leashing is the law people really need to follow it! Pitbull, Chi, Yorkie , Dobie doesn't matter.
Glad it wasn't an ugly situation for any of them ... totally understand your hype over it but still very dangerous to do ...........

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Well trained pit bull- PASS :thumbsup:
Off leash dog- FAIL :curse::stick:
Ignorant owner for having dog off leash- FAIL:stick::stupid:

It was good to hear that the dog was a good canine citizen but that incident could have gone a hundred different ways without a good outcome.

My neighbors have yappy little dogs who feel it is ok to let them out in the front yard without a leash and on more than one occasion these dogs have charged Kangol and one bit him. I was able top control my dog and Kangol didn't hurt either of the dogs but guess who got the dirty looks and nasty comments? Yeah me....
I told them to keep their dog on a leash hence why we have a leash law and their excuse was: "we don't know why he ran after you because he is blind he can't see you."
Hello people! Dogs have excellent senses and he wasn't deaf ... he could still hear the collar and tags clicking. So do you think they still let them out without a leash after that? YES! Argh....:hammer:

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I really can't add to this thread cause everyone is correct in their responses, so I'll just have to say " I love lamp" ;)

·
Proud CGC Parent
1,782 Posts
Sounds like that retriever needs to be socialized more or something.

A++ to the pitbull owner for having such amazing control over her dog. I hope to get that level of control over my pups, but it's slow-going seeing as they're only 6 months, lol. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I totally agree with the whole off leash issue too! I totally forgot to comment about that, for I was caught up with the whole "yay a responsible ish owner"
=)

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well trained pit bull- PASS :thumbsup:
Off leash dog- FAIL :curse::stick:
Ignorant owner for having dog off leash- FAIL:stick::stupid:

It was good to hear that the dog was a good canine citizen but that incident could have gone a hundred different ways without a good outcome.

My neighbors have yappy little dogs who feel it is ok to let them out in the front yard without a leash and on more than one occasion these dogs have charged Kangol and one bit him. I was able top control my dog and Kangol didn't hurt either of the dogs but guess who got the dirty looks and nasty comments? Yeah me....
I told them to keep their dog on a leash hence why we have a leash law and their excuse was: "we don't know why he ran after you because he is blind he can't see you."
Hello people! Dogs have excellent senses and he wasn't deaf ... he could still hear the collar and tags clicking. So do you think they still let them out without a leash after that? YES! Argh....:hammer:
That really sucks. I see that all the time with the small dog owners. They think it's totally fine if their little dogs attack other dogs, and get uber offended when you try to get the dog to go away!
There was a maltese at a park (we were just walking by, not going there) and the maltese charged us! The dog then bit my brother on the ankle and tried to get the dogs. I dragged that little dog by the leash to the owner and they were just laughing. I said I would report them for having a dangerous dog and for having the dog off leash. They said "Oh don't worry its ok, it's not like my dog would have hurt your dog" I didn't say it out loud but the first thing I thought was "Well, my friend's dog would have killed yours, and her dog would be put down" But then again, I'm seventeen and they're adults and most adults don't listen to teenagers. (dog owners at least... well the ones I met)

·
Banned
3,357 Posts
Well trained or not, a dog should NEVER be off leash.
What would have happened if the Retriever had managed to get loose? yeah, not pretty.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts