Go Pitbull Forums banner

Goodbye my sweet Marley

6K views 73 replies 44 participants last post by  Black Rabbit 
#1 ·
As some of you know Marley has been battling cancer for the last year. Sadly we are loosing the fight. Surgery is not an option as his tumors have grown inside his ribcage. He has had 2 heart attacks in the last few weeks and is very sick. He has become lethargic and I can tell he is in pain. We have made the tough decision that it is time to send Marley over the bridge. He goes in saturday morning :( I'm so not ready to let him go yet. This dog has been my best friend for the last 11 years and saved my life twice, i just wish I could save his :(

My Mar as a young pup

playing with my boy

See less See more
#2 ·
I am very sorry Krystal. I know how you feel and there isn't much to say :( Hopefully something will help fill the space Marely is leaving behind ;)

#4 ·
Thank you Holly (hugs) I'm just such a mess right now. I don't want my Mar mar to go yet. :( It's just not fair. Having the others to care for will probly help out a lot. I'll at least have them here to cuddle and working D will help me keep my mind form exploding.

#6 ·
that sucks krystal im really sorry for what your going through. memories last for ever so marley will always be with you.

#9 ·
Thank you so much (hugs)
Thats a hard decesion for anyone to make and as humas we tend to be greedy and keep them around for our own benefit. You are making the right choice for Marley and he will be pain free running around at the rainbow bridge waiting on you to meet him again one day :) Sorry for what you are going through. I had to make the same choice for a older dog we adopted years ago and the cancer eventually took his sight and he had no life left except a painful one and nothing could be done to help him so we sent him to rainbow bridge so he could run and be a healthy dog again :)
Thank you. Yea it's just his time I guess :( It really hurts to see him this way and I know he isn't happy anymore. He went form being a high drive non stop dog to not wanting to move and I'm sure he's moping cause he's in pain. I can't even keep him comfterble anymore :( Some stupid druggies found a way to smoke fentinal patches and a girl in my town died from one so we can't get them from the vet anymore. It sucks that animals have to be in pain now cause people are stupid.

#7 ·
Thats a hard decesion for anyone to make and as humas we tend to be greedy and keep them around for our own benefit. You are making the right choice for Marley and he will be pain free running around at the rainbow bridge waiting on you to meet him again one day :) Sorry for what you are going through. I had to make the same choice for a older dog we adopted years ago and the cancer eventually took his sight and he had no life left except a painful one and nothing could be done to help him so we sent him to rainbow bridge so he could run and be a healthy dog again :)

#19 ·
Thank you
You are doing what is best for your old man and if you need someone to talk to I am always just a phone (or text) call away.
Thanks girl, love you (hugs)
So sorry, Krystal!
Thanks Lauren (hugs)
i have a dry throat over here Krystal.. i'm soo sorry this has to happen ... stay strong, Dosia will be there to comfort you
Thanks Clint (hugs) I'm worried about how he's going to take it too. He loves Marley so much. He was the biggest cry baby when we decided to separate them. All he did was lay next to he fence and mope cause he couldn't be right by his side :(
Krystal, I honestly don't know what to say, I am crying as I type this, darnit I wish I had made it out sooner to be able to meet him. He is going to play with Pooh bear, she will keep him safe for sure and Mac truck. I am sorry, so very sorry, he had an awesome awesome life with you. I am here if you wanna cry or vent girl, I know how you feel.

RIP Marley, run free at the bridge, Penny will be there to greet you with open arms, and one day we will see you all again.
Thanks so much Tye (hugs) I love you!! I'm sure the first thing he'll do is go find Mack and start :poop: with Mary Jane lol. I'll tell him to go find Trevienne and stay with her till I get there :(

#15 ·
Krystal, I honestly don't know what to say, I am crying as I type this, darnit I wish I had made it out sooner to be able to meet him. He is going to play with Pooh bear, she will keep him safe for sure and Mac truck. I am sorry, so very sorry, he had an awesome awesome life with you. I am here if you wanna cry or vent girl, I know how you feel.

RIP Marley, run free at the bridge, Penny will be there to greet you with open arms, and one day we will see you all again.

#20 ·
Oh I planned on it. I want to make sure he's as happy as possible.
Poor dog. Sorry for you both
Thank you.
This is very sad ... I am very sorry for your loss Krystal enjoy these last few moments with your best buddy. You are doing the best thing for your best friend he will be in peace and no longer in pain. Stay strong Krystal...
Thanks Tara (hugs)

#25 ·
Krystal You know how I feel about Marley and I know no words will help how you feel. I will say you are doing the right thing in putting him down. Kaos had cancer in the last few years of his life and when he got really sick for the last time I thought it would pass like all the other times. I took him home and the cancer in his stomach started to hemorrhage and I didn't know it. He slowly bleed to death and I kick myself all the time for not putting him down that morning. When I realized what was going on it was too late and at least he passed quickly but I wish I would have had the heart to put him to sleep rather than him pass at home. Stay strong and just think of the great times you had, it is the only way to make it through this. Please give him kisses from us and (((hug))) to you.

#27 ·
Gosh, it's just so hard finding the words, because nothing I say can make it better.

You gave Marley a great life for the past 11 years. What dog could ask for anything more? Now spoil him rotten until Saturday, then let him go. It's what he needs.
Thank you for sharing Marley with us and for posting those pictures of him, I can tell he is a great dog.
((hugs))

#28 ·
oh that is just the saddest news Krystal. I can not imagine the pain you are in and will be in for the next few days. So hard for you, but I hope you can take comfort in knowing your making the right decision. I will be thinking of you Saturday morning! Words cant express how sad I am for you and your family.

#29 ·
Krystal.. I'm so very sorry for your pain, and for Marley's. As the posters before me, I know there's nothing that we can say to ease your pain or make it easier for you to handle. Dosia will more than likely experience a bout of depression, but you and Dosia have a bond together and you can help each other through it. Marley will be missed, and always remembered. Please give him a scratch behind the ear for me, and tell him that we love him here in TN. Tell him when he gets to the bridge to please find Debo and Axil and send them my love and for them to please play nicely. If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know.

#30 · (Edited)
Im sorry to hear that KG :rain: .. He is the coolest dog and Im glad he was with you or he wouldnt have been. My thoughts are with ya, take care~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.