Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone got a blue nose he's about 5 months I absolutely love him he's fixed had him since he was 7 weeks old he has all his shots and he's being feed diamond dog food . I wanted to see if I'm to late I want to clip his ears I want that sharp look

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
I know someone who will do it I'm hoping it turns out ok
You can grab a pair of kitchen scissors and do it yourself for that matter. Knowing someone that will crop a 5 month old dog ears it not surprising. People will do all kinds of things for money.

You might consider doing some research into ear cartilage and as BCdogs pointed out, why a good vet won't crop a 20 week old dog. Consider the risk to the dog over what you think looks cool or tough.

Bottom line is it's your dog to do what you want with but please, fully research before making a cropping decision on a 5 month old dog. Just food for thought.

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,905 Posts
So you aren't having it done by a vet? You're aware that's illegal, right? And for good reason. I seriously hope you reconsider before your dog is mutilated by someone who may or may not have no idea what they're doing.

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
I did research my dogs 4-5 months the guy who's doing my dog is a breeder and well known in the community
So it's not a licensed vet? No anesthesia? No wonder he is willing to do it. It's illegal in a lot of states to crop over certain ages. 12 weeks in my state. Please don't go to some breeder who happens to crop ears no matter how "known" he is. That is illegal in all 50 states.

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
bluenosebailey60, it should be obvious that our concern is for your pup. There is a reason that any respectable vet would not crop your dogs ears at 5 months. Do the footwork and learn.
Bringing the dog to some BYB to do the crop is even scarier. Your dog is not a pedigreed breed show dog that needs it's ears to conform to a certain standard. You have a mutt, like many of us, and the only reason you want to crop it's ears is because you think it looks good. Please consider your dogs pain and how things can go wrong before proceeding.

Joe

·
Premium Member
7,502 Posts
Well you asked opinions and here they are. I hope you do not crop your dogs ears. Consider what they are telling you, it is dangerous. Just for a "look"

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
Cute dog!

I feel bad for a 5 month old dog about to get his ears hacked... Do note that I am anti-crop to begin with, but don't condemn those that have it done by a licensed vet within a certain age limit. I don't agree, but it is their dog. But 5 months old? There is a reason no licensed Vet will do it at that age...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He's a full breed pitbull yea he isn't a show dog . I personally like how they (pits) look cropped and he's my dog. I'll post pics when he's done

·
Premium Member
7,502 Posts
If you know he is " full breed pitbull" why did you ask us if he looks full breed? Listen i think you should stick around and do some reading. A lot of useful info. here. Do you have his pedigree?

·
Super Moderator
11,000 Posts
We do not support illegal activity on this forum. What you are doing is not legal. No person can use anesthesia unless they are a licensed vet. So not only are you going to break the law and have some dude crop your dog but the penalty for illegally using anesthesia without proper monitoring is putting your dogs life at risk. All because you waited too long and want your dog to look "better" in your opinion? Please think about your dogs health before how they will look.

I am also not anti crop and have no problem when owners want to chop off their dogs body parts I just want it done legally and by a licensed vet.

Reactions: JoKealoha

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've asked several pit owners. None have said I've waited to long worst case 1 ear won't stand. And they go by weight for the anesthesia. Its not heart surgery I love my dog more then you people can know . if it wasn't done right I wouldn't do it at all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts