Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got Titus' brother Vito tonight after a call from the lady I got Titus from. The person who originally got Vito couldn't keep him due to restrictions on the breed in her area. Kristi called to see if I knew of anyone who might want him and I said, "Yeah....me!" :O) We just thought it would be awesome to have Titus' brother (from the same litter). They are both now 16 wks old and will be neutered in 2 days.
When we got there tonight to get him, we were shocked at how big he is...and no fat - just a very big muscular dog. In my opion he has very good lines...I can't say about confirmation - that's not my area - but perhaps someone one could address that. Here's some pics we took just after we got home.

·
Dare to dance the tide
12,401 Posts
He is a very handsome boy!!!! Are Titus and him getting along alright. Glad to hear that you are doing the snip job on them I'm sure it will help with the domiance issues that might arise.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MY MIKADO said:
He is a very handsome boy!!!! Are Titus and him getting along alright. Glad to hear that you are doing the snip job on them I'm sure it will help with the domiance issues that might arise.
Titus loves him, after they were done playing last night I went down stairs and they were both curled up in the crate sleeping. When I fed Vito in the crate today and titus was out he went over to the crate dorr and was crying so I would let Vito out, I let vito out and titus went into the crate to nlay down with Vito.......there is no aggression whatso ever........rob

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
robc said:
Titus loves him, after they were done playing last night I went down stairs and they were both curled up in the crate sleeping. When I fed Vito in the crate today and titus was out he went over to the crate dorr and was crying so I would let Vito out, I let vito out and titus went into the crate to nlay down with Vito.......there is no aggression whatso ever........rob
yet...

they are adorable, best of luck! :love2:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sydney said:
yet...

they are adorable, best of luck! :love2:
Oh I agree, the older they get the more aggression that can come.......I will just have to monitor them.......rob

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
When they get closer to 2 years is when you really want to be careful. Oh man they are both so cute. Thats how I got my old males brother. People couldn't keep him so the breeder called me :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
american_pit13 said:
When they get closer to 2 years is when you really want to be careful. Oh man they are both so cute. Thats how I got my old males brother. People couldn't keep him so the breeder called me :)
The real kicker was the lady said if she didn't get her money back she was going to take him to the pound, what a $itch!.....The breeder gave her the money for him (she realy cares about her pups/litters).....then gave him to me for free......she doesn't know it but I sent her $575.00 check in the mail......I can't take advantage of such a great person......rob

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I took both of the pups to the vet this morning to get them neutured and the vet just called to let me know that Vito only has one testicle - the other one hasn't dropped yet. We have to wait until he's 6 months to see if it drops, then we can neuter him. If it doesn't he'll have to have surgery to get the other one out. Hopefully it drops and he won't have to endure that kind of surgery....

·
Registered
114 Posts
great lookin pups. very nice thing you did buy sending the breeder the money. i dont know about you but i have a tendency in believing in carma so that gesture will come back to you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
K-O Player said:
great lookin pups. very nice thing you did buy sending the breeder the money. i dont know about you but i have a tendency in believing in carma so that gesture will come back to you.
I beleive in that to, this pup deserved a second chance, and what the breeder did was a very great thing.....rob

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
Not trying to be a jerk, but this what the breeder did was what the breeder should've done. She never should've sold that pup into a BSL situation -- whether the BSL was from the person's apartment or HOA, or from the person's town/state -- so taking him back was the only answer for any breeder worth her salt. She shouldn't accept the money, either, and just chalk it up as something learned about her screening skills.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bahamutt99 said:
Not trying to be a jerk, but this what the breeder did was what the breeder should've done. She never should've sold that pup into a BSL situation -- whether the BSL was from the person's apartment or HOA, or from the person's town/state -- so taking him back was the only answer for any breeder worth her salt. She shouldn't accept the money, either, and just chalk it up as something learned about her screening skills.
:goodpost:
The breeder I was talking about was the one who studded her male out.....to another breeder and that breeder refused to give money back so the lady I got Titus from payed for the pup to give it a home, so basicaly it wasn't her puppy and she'd never received any money for him, I totaly agree with you that the breeder with the pups should have done a much better job on making sure there were no BSL laws in place and they should have refunded the money when the individual couldn't keep Vito (the owner also should have checked first to see if they could have a Pit). The breeder I got Titus from (the one who studded out her male) got pick of the litter and I got Titus from her, she came to my house and checked the entire house, she also went as far as doing a criminal backround check on me. She also keeps in very good contact with me and I send her pics of Titus and Vito all the time. She is furious with the other breeder and will never speak to her again, she really cares about her pups and was very upset that this pup was put in a situation like this. This was the only time she's ever studded out her male to someone she didn't know very, very well. She said she won't be doing that again after this experience....she's very picky about who her pups go to...she's not in this for the money like the other breeder - she just loves the breed...rob

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sydney said:
boy your life seems like its full of odd happenings...better you then me:roll:
Not normaly, but this year yeah it has been, we are moving right now be back on-line in a few days, taking internet down now.....rob:D

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Very nice addition to your family, he looks great. All I would say, is to set up a plan for the worst case scenario if they start to get aggressive with each other, it can get pretty ugly, real fast.

And :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for getting them neutered!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts