Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this call yesterday morning from my brother in law.He had one of Pretty Girl's pups and 3 other dogs.They all stayed outside on chains except for Fatboy (pretty girls pup),who stayed in a outside kennel.
Well my bother in law thinks that his drunk stepdad let all the dogs off chains and out of kennels to try to be an a**.When he gets drunk for days at a time he's very mean and spiteful.
Two of the other dogs got into a fight where both ended up just about killing each other.Fatboy wasn't really into it,just kinda looking on.Anyways,he couldn't get the dogs seperated by himself so he called animal control to come help him.I know,not a very bright idea.
He called me after he finally did get them seperated to tell me that animal control was on the way.
So I had to haul butt over there to try to get there before they did.It's about 30 minutes away,but I made it in 15 minutes.When I got there they already had Fatboy in the back of their truck and were in the process of loading the other dogs up.I ran over to them and immedietly started to trying to talk them into letting me have him.Meanwhile the drunk boyfriend is running his mouth to the animal control officers telling them to put all the dogs to sleep.So I had to cuss him out and get him to go away.
Finally I convinced them to let me take Fatboy.The other dogs were taken and I'm sure pts.
Anyways,here's Fatboy.These are pics from right after giving him a bath.He's shy and needs training.I'm working on that right now.But in just a day he's already coming along very nicely.I'll take better pics of him later on.Sorry for the long post.

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
That sucks you have to deal with an a hole like him. Good thing you got there so quick otherwise they would probably would have put fatboy down too. He looks like a good boy, just needs some affection and training. He looks so sad in some of those pics, but I'm sure you'll bring the ol boy around!!

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what the heck* is the matter with some people!?
Who knows why some people act the way they do.I thought for sure he was gonna come after me when I cussed him out,he tends to get violent while drinking.But he very wisely walked away.I was in no mood to deal with his crap.
That sucks you have to deal with an a hole like him. Good thing you got there so quick otherwise they would probably would have put fatboy down too. He looks like a good boy, just needs some affection and training. He looks so sad in some of those pics, but I'm sure you'll bring the ol boy around!!
Thanks.In the day since he's been here he's already made a huge improvement.Where he was too scared to come in the house,he now prefers being in here.He has already taken to crate training good so far.He doesn't whine while in there.He could care less about the cats or goats.The chickens on the other hand.lol.
He looks so much happier already.In a day or two i'll take some better pics.

·
Original Prankster
13,928 Posts
Awww he's a cutie :) I'm glad you made it there before he was taken away. Poor boy, at least he'll have a great home now :)

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
At least hes home and safe.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awww he's a cutie :) I'm glad you made it there before he was taken away. Poor boy, at least he'll have a great home now :)
At least hes home and safe.
thanks!Yep he's home.I'm amazed at how well he's meshing with our little family.I wasn't looking for another dog yet,but I do believe he's the one I want to stay with us for the rest of his days.

·
hrmph
5,349 Posts
Awww! He is very adorable, and I'm glad you were able to make it over there and save him before they took him to AC! I dunno whats up with some people... they're crazy... but at least now he's safe with you guys!!

Can't wait for more photos! :D

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
What a great gesture on your part:) You're giving him a chance and that's all most need! Thank you for being a human being in a situation that drastically needed one;) RIP the other pups, who did nothing wrong in this world, except be born:(

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
Oh wow Lisa, he is a handsome boy, I do hope he keeps coming around and I am glad the animal control let you keep him. RIP other pups, keep us posted on how he is coming along

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
wow dixie, I am so sorry it had to come down to this! I'm glad he's home and safe, and I'm sure he'll warm right on up to structure. It seems like all of the dogs who have come home with me flourish with confidence and the only thing I can think of it would be the structure and attention.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Nice work and good luck with the new addition.

Reactions: dixieland

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awww! He is very adorable, and I'm glad you were able to make it over there and save him before they took him to AC! I dunno whats up with some people... they're crazy... but at least now he's safe with you guys!!

Can't wait for more photos! :D
thanks!I already got some more I took and need to upload.Look for them soon!
What a great gesture on your part:) You're giving him a chance and that's all most need! Thank you for being a human being in a situation that drastically needed one;) RIP the other pups, who did nothing wrong in this world, except be born:(
thanks for the kind words.I would have tried to take the other dogs if I could.One my brother in law has had for almost 10 years.But they were so far gone and dying that it was best for them to be taken and put down so they wouldn't suffer anymore.The other pup I really wouldn't have trusted around my kids or anybody elses.So that probably is the best thing for it too.
Oh wow Lisa, he is a handsome boy, I do hope he keeps coming around and I am glad the animal control let you keep him. RIP other pups, keep us posted on how he is coming along
Thanks Tye.He already has made an 100% improvement from when I got him.He follows me and the kids around.He's playing well with everybody.There's still a few issues I need to work on,but nothing major.
But you know what this means now that I have him?I'm on a 2 dog maximum by my husband.So I can't get a Dobie pup like I wanted and have been reading up on.:(

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow dixie, I am so sorry it had to come down to this! I'm glad he's home and safe, and I'm sure he'll warm right on up to structure. It seems like all of the dogs who have come home with me flourish with confidence and the only thing I can think of it would be the structure and attention.
Thanks Shana!He's already warming up and enjoying the attention and pack structure that he's getting from us.I'm guessing the only time he was paid attention to before was when they fed and watered him and when I would go see him and me and the kids would play with him.Which I guess that would explain why he's acting like he lovesthem so much already.
Nice work and good luck with the new addition.
Thanks!

·
Registered
795 Posts
He is a pretty boy!! He looks soooo SWEEEET and gentle!

Thank god you have him now && he's in good hands. Some people are just so ingorant!

Keep us updated, I can't wait to hear more about him!

·
Bitch Noone Wanted
8,939 Posts
No worries Lisa, there will be plenty of Dobe pups in the future, you just let me know when you are ready and we will talk then ;) I am super glad you got him back though and happy to hear he is doing so well. Big Hugs to you all :D Keep up the good work on his transition :D

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He is a pretty boy!! He looks soooo SWEEEET and gentle!

Thank god you have him now && he's in good hands. Some people are just so ingorant!

Keep us updated, I can't wait to hear more about him!
Thanks for the kind words!I agree,some people are really ignorant.The only other good thing that came from the other day is my mother in law called the cops after we left and had him arrested for domestic violence and he almost got tazed by the cops for running his mouth to them.I wish I could have seen that!
No worries Lisa, there will be plenty of Dobe pups in the future, you just let me know when you are ready and we will talk then ;) I am super glad you got him back though and happy to hear he is doing so well. Big Hugs to you all :D Keep up the good work on his transition :D
Will do!Maybe I can talk the husband into a dobe a year from now as a guard dog.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts