Go Pitbull Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if there is anyone with a good Gotti bloodline in Louisiana or close by?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
I am sure there are plenty of people with the line as it is over bred by people who shouldn't have their hands on dogs. Look very carefully at your breeder and find one who is producing healthy well built dogs not ones with bad fronts or sloping backs. A good Gotti breeder will also refer to their dogs as American Bullies which is their true breed. A lot of breeders have really messed up the Gotti line, but there is some that is part RE that comes out very clean and correct.

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
I am sure there are plenty of people with the line as it is over bred by people who shouldn't have their hands on dogs. Look very carefully at your breeder and find one who is producing healthy well built dogs not ones with bad fronts or sloping backs. A good Gotti breeder will also refer to their dogs as American Bullies which is their true breed. A lot of breeders have really messed up the Gotti line, but there is some that is part RE that comes out very clean and correct.
:goodpost:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
Just curious as to what you see in the gotti line that you like so much? And I agree everyone has gotti so shouldn't be hard to find a breeder. Have you looked up tp see if any shows are coming up around you? if not try The American Bully Registry and look at the upcoming events , best place would be to go to a show and check out the dogs 1st hand, if you find one you like talk to the owner and get some info that way.

·
Banned
118 Posts
i know a lot of ukc judges love the sloped back and a lot of show dogs are bred to have the higher hips

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
i know a lot of ukc judges love the sloped back and a lot of show dogs are bred to have the higher hips
Not sure what kind of UKC shows up go to but no Judge in my state puts up dogs with slopped back nor are any of the reputable breeders breeding for high rears ( which is what I assume you mean by high hips??)

What ever judges you know have no clue what the hell they are doing if they like slopped backs because thats just retarded.

·
Banned
118 Posts
Not sure what kind of UKC shows up go to but no Judge in my state puts up dogs with slopped back nor are any of the reputable breeders breeding for high rears ( which is what I assume you mean by high hips??)

What ever judges you know have no clue what the hell they are doing if they like slopped backs because thats just retarded.
ok maybe sloped is not the right word lol ill try to find a pic of what i mean :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
yes gotti is bully. But I thought you were talking about high rears or sways backs, what are you looking at here that you were talking about ? I dont get it.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Agreeing with the others, Gotti is VERY over bred.
Personally, if I was to get a bully, Gotti would be the last line I'd want. They tend to be too overdone for me.
As far as Bullies go, I'm a fan of the Watchdog stuff. Jmho

·
Premium Member
9,147 Posts
I don't see a dip in those pictures , sorry maybe im not understanding you here. But are you talking about the top line?

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Neither of those dogs are sloped backed or high in the rear....

·
Original Prankster
13,927 Posts
A dog with a sloped back looks like a horse that's been over ridden by a fat guy lol.

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,258 Posts
Your not arguing at all, we just are not talking about the same thing. :D

This is a high rear which makes a sloped in back ( also knows as sway backed)

Here is a horrid front end and rear feet

Both these dogs are mis proportioned with way to much neck. The excessive fat in the neck get passed up as a "beefed up dog" when it is not a muscular dog its a fat dog.

To may uneducated people think it is ok for a dog to look this way. I don't see why anyone would think it is cool and I also don't see how people could be so dumb to see that they are physical deforming a dog.

Also just a heads up but a Ch title doesn't mean very much. When you have such a hug variety of body types making "ch" its pretty pointless and shows that the judges are not all judging to the same standard. You show up enough and you'll can pull Ch with a mediocre dog.

This is what dogs should look like. UKC, AKC, ADBA, ABKC regardless of the over all dog they should be balanced and thier bones should support their structure.

·
Banned
118 Posts
For UKC competition, the pit bull has to be between 17 to 19 inches tall at the shoulder with a muscular build. The shoulders have to be broad with the back sloping downward to the hindquarters, which should be slightly lower than the shoulder height. The chest needs to be deep and broad with well-shaped ribs. The front legs are straight and thick, while the rear are muscular and solid. The dog's tail should be short but not docked; excessive length is considered a fault.
Right off the website saying sloping back lol

Read more: AKC Breed Standards for the American Pit Bull | eHow.com AKC Breed Standards for the American Pit Bull | eHow.com

1 - 20 of 34 Posts