Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I am new to the group and also new to the breed. I had heard such wonderful things about the breed and did quite a bit of research before making the decision with my husband to get a pit puppy. We finally got one on Saturday. She is adorable. She was the runt of the litter but that's ok. She deserves love. She is pure pit and all blue. She is about 12 weeks old but looks much younger. She only weighs alittle over 4 pounds. We named her Genesis and we love her so much already! We have other pets as well. 5 cats, a lab mix and 2 baby bunnies we rescued. I am excited about getting to know you all and learning more about the breed. I can't wait to show her off and prove all of those uneducated people wrong. I have received so many rude and irritating comments when people find out she is a pit. It is annoying to be honest, but that is to be expected and I am sure this won't be the last time I hear it. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

Blessings!

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Gopitbull.....

Get use to people acting that way. When people ask me the breed of my dogs I always say American Pit bull Terrier. It normally doesn't turn people off as fast. Plus I think calling it a "pit" is just slang......

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the welcome! Yes, I think I will use the proper name from now on. It is just funny to see the reactions of people's faces as soon as you say the breed. LOL

Hello and Welcome to Gopitbull.....

Get use to people acting that way. When people ask me the breed of my dogs I always say American Pit bull Terrier. It normally doesn't turn people off as fast. Plus I think calling it a "pit" is just slang......

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
yea, i side with rox on this one, if you say 'american pitbull terrier' you'll get a lil' futher in the sentence before they tune you out..LOL!
but welcome!! enjoy our site! cute baby!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Very true comment..I always now refer to Bentley as a american pit bull terrier or apbt...For some reason people dont reacted the same as when u say a pit..

·
Registered
224 Posts
haha all I say is that I own to mixed terrier breeds :) Cause I think Indi has no problem passing for a variety of other dogs..she has spots so hey she is a dalmation ;) and Kallie, well, everyone's guess is as good as mine. Good luck with your pup, VERY cute!

·
GoPitBull/facebook Admin
647 Posts
im looking at apartments for when i move....when referring to Max when talking to a potential landlord i call him an AmStaff....most folks dont know what that is....my friend just got a pup and she's calling it a boxer because her parents apparently dont like "pits"....its painfully obvious its not a boxer haha

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey there and welcome to the forum I hope that this site can help you as much as it has helped me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts