Go Pitbull Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riot jumped on a plane today and is on her way to her new home with
McLeod. I have been talking to Corey for a while now about getting Riot and placing her in another home. Many of you know Riot did not work out as a working dog and mostly because she gets severely car sick and was never able to get over it. I could not keep traumatizing her and dragging her all over to training. She would see the car or I would walk near the car and she would bolt and hide. Once we got where we were going she was ok in about an hour and does have a great competition Obed foundation but I really can't travel with her. We have some house dogs but as Riot starts to mature Vixen and Tasha will not be ok with her so she would have ot stay out in the kennels. The big problem with that is she would not get much attention at all and that was not fair so I decided to place her on a S/N contract.
She is going to have a wonderful home and a new dog to play with! Riot LOVEs other dogs (for now) and I think her and her new BF will have great fun. Wish her well and we need to demand lots of pictures of my baby Riot!

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Aww, congratulations Corey! I'm sorry for the bath you're going to have to give her when she gets home to you though! lol. Lisa, I know it was really hard for you to put her on that plane, but i think you've made the right decision.

Corey, I may have a few pup pictures of Riot to add to your portfolio from about this time last year if you want.

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah Shana thats the toughest part of a house like this. you never know if they are going to work out as a working dog till they mature a bit and I do not have enough time for pets. I have placed about 3 dogs in the last 2 years but of course they get great traning and find great homes. It's just hard when you get attached to them! When I first started I said I would never place a dog who did not work out...... that is part of the reason we have so many 8 year old dogs in the house!! My views have changed and finding great quality homes I do not have a problem with. That leaves us with only 13 dogs!! After placing Riot and Justice and the death of Kaos we have fewer dogs that we have had on years and that includes the puppies. I just want to keep it this way for a while! I have a lot of senior dogs who require a lot of medical care so we are pretty good for a while. The only exception is I am still looking for a big bully style dog but I know one will come along at some point, my amstaff might be born next year, and we would adopt a really old dog not matter the breed to live out it years here like we have done in the past. Those old rescues deserve to have a few happy carefree years after everything they have gone through.

The day I brought her home

I LOVE these pictures, look at that stank eye! SHe was the last puppy Kaos raised.

The chicken attack is another fav

Playing tug with General just a few weeks ago

Do you have a cookie or what lady!

We will miss her but again I know she will have a great home.

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
Such a pretty lady, Lisa you should be happy she found a good home =)

PS you need to post more of General McNasty =9

·
OCD Bullyologist
8,663 Posts
Yeah Shana thats the toughest part of a house like this. you never know if they are going to work out as a working dog till they mature a bit and I do not have enough time for pets. I have placed about 3 dogs in the last 2 years but of course they get great traning and find great homes. It's just hard when you get attached to them! When I first started I said I would never place a dog who did not work out...... that is part of the reason we have so many 8 year old dogs in the house!! My views have changed and finding great quality homes I do not have a problem with. That leaves us with only 13 dogs!! After placing Riot and Justice and the death of Kaos we have fewer dogs that we have had on years and that includes the puppies. I just want to keep it this way for a while! I have a lot of senior dogs who require a lot of medical care so we are pretty good for a while. The only exception is I am still looking for a big bully style dog but I know one will come along at some point, my amstaff might be born next year, and we would adopt a really old dog not matter the breed to live out it years here like we have done in the past. Those old rescues deserve to have a few happy carefree years after everything they have gone through.

The day I brought her home

I LOVE these pictures, look at that stank eye! SHe was the last puppy Kaos raised.

The chicken attack is another fav

Playing tug with General just a few weeks ago

Do you have a cookie or what lady!

We will miss her but again I know she will have a great home.
That is awesome, Lisa. Those are great pictures!! I love that you feel that way about senior dogs! Many have lived a rough life and deserve a chance to know what its like to have a real home. :clap::clap:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like maybe you your thread dated 4/3/10 Downsizing, need to place a few dogs wasn't as much of a April fools joke as you let on, or maybe we just have a different view of the responsibility and commitment of pet ownership or has your kennel operation has gotten to the size where they are no longer pets but expendable stock

·
Premium Member
13,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LMAO I have been planning on placing Riot since she was 6 months old if you have been around the forum for awhile you would know that. I never advertised her because my husband really did not want to place her. Corey showed interest and I told him no but after my husband agreed I could place her yeah I did lt him know I was willing to place her.
You may not agree with how I view my dogs and that is fine, You can't make everyone happy I guess. I have no problem with placing a dog who did not work out as a working dog in a good home. Would you rather I let her sit in a dog run and rot? I love to compete in dog sports and to do that I need working dogs, not all dogs are able to do that and I would rather find them great homes than leave them alone in a kennel.

No dog is expendable in my house and they are treated and taken care of very well. I care a great deal about the welfare of the dogs if I did not care I would not care where they go or who got them.

Again you do not have to agree with what my kennel does but the dogs come first here and that is why I placed her. All of my dogs who work out as working dogs stay here for life and I do have several older retired dogs who move from the kennel outside to being house dogs. My working dogs do more and travel more than most pets do, they definitely do not sit at home all day and wait for me to come home. If you think that is a horrible life that is your opinion.

·
Registered
505 Posts
This is when we first picked her up,

Few pictures of her at the house, she loves my bed

These are the only pictures I have of her now but she is a joy to have. She has a interesting personality. I'll be taking her out to the fields tomorrow and I'll try and get some more pictures of her to post. At this very moment she is laid up on the couch with my wife knocked out.

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
Sounds like maybe you your thread dated 4/3/10 Downsizing, need to place a few dogs wasn't as much of a April fools joke as you let on, or maybe we just have a different view of the responsibility and commitment of pet ownership or has your kennel operation has gotten to the size where they are no longer pets but expendable stock
Trollin' much?? Yeah, I thought so... I remember lisa almost a year ago to this date hesitating on whether or not Riot was going to work for her kennel. Riot was 5 months old at the time... I remember this because she actually had two of my dogs at her house which were the same age as her. I've spoke with her numerous times about her not searching for her a home, but she would be happy if she found the right home. Well, it looks as though the right home found Lisa... if it was because of that silly thread oh well. If you truely think she placed this dog because of a baby you're sorely mistaken because she would be getting rid of a lot more than just one dog... Taking care of one more dog isn't a huge deal when you have more than 6.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Trollin' much?? Yeah, I thought so... I remember lisa almost a year ago to this date hesitating on whether or not Riot was going to work for her kennel. Riot was 5 months old at the time... I remember this because she actually had two of my dogs at her house which were the same age as her. I've spoke with her numerous times about her not searching for her a home, but she would be happy if she found the right home. Well, it looks as though the right home found Lisa... if it was because of that silly thread oh well. If you truely think she placed this dog because of a baby you're sorely mistaken because she would be getting rid of a lot more than just one dog... Taking care of one more dog isn't a huge deal when you have more than 6.
I simply pointed out a discrepancy in her threads from april to now and asked a question about the size of her kennel operation. looks like your the one trollin'

·
Fat-Dogs-R-Us
8,760 Posts
I simply pointed out a discrepancy in her threads from april to now and asked a question about the size of her kennel operation. looks like your the one trollin'
Kinda hard to troll a website I assist running....

·
Pits Are For Chicks
16,246 Posts
Any one that knows Lisa knows her plans of placing Riot long before the april fools joke.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts